Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Barack Obama Wishing Muslims Worldwide a Happy Ramadan

No, it isn't the fact that he's named Barack Hussein Obama, or that he's even nodding his head towards their faith, but it's that he decidedly sounds like he's opening the store doors up, unplugging the cash register, and saying "help yourselves."

2010 can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by King 5.45; August 21st, 2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typo: "yourselves" for "youselves"

Default Re: Barack Obama Wishing Muslims Worldwide a Happy Ramadan

I actually see this as a good thing. The one and only thing I like about Obama is he might actually help our mid-east policy, rather than worsen it.

I will enjoy my pork chops and BACON!!! during this holy time!

No sarcasm in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jup06 View Post
    I actually see this as a good thing. The one and only thing I like about Obama is he might actually help our mid-east policy, rather than worsen it.
    It would be a good thing if it were being directed towards a part of the world in which tolerance is universally understood and expected. Acquiescence and bipartisanship are seen as weakness, nations are pitted against each other based upon Sunni or Shiite majority populations in control of mechanisms of state, and Obama is undoubtedly seen as worse than a kafir by some Muslims.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jup06 View Post
    I really see no way to improve anything over there. You act tough against 'em, and they say you're instigating; you try to be nice, and they view you as a coward.

Although it may improve relations with moderates over there, it's not the moderates we have to worry about - it's the crazy wackos, and they don't really care what we do or what we say...they'll find a reason to hate us and wage their war against us.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I will enjoy my pork chops and BACON!!! during this holy time!

No sarcasm in there.
    yep......love my meat...and whoever don't like meat, I'll take it!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

So how is this ANY different than him wishing Christians a Merry Christmas or Happy Easter? Or wishing Jews a happy Passover, Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur? Or Buddhists a happy Chinese New Year?

OR Sikhs a happy Hola Mohalla or Baisakhi?

WHY is it any different than the above? Because they are Muslim? Or because you are in fact perpetuating racism against Muslims?

Sorry bud but this thread is WAY below you ... you that are in fact a Sikh, the people that were attacked as 'terrorists' just because you wear turbans and 'reminded' Americans of Muslims, a mistake that was perpetuated by disinformation by bigots that saw ANYONE that wore a turban as a person that was 'less than others and someone that you should be afraid of'.

You should be fucking ASHAMED of yourself!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    So how is this ANY different than him wishing Christians a Merry Christmas or Happy Easter? Or wishing Jews a happy Passover, Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur? Or Buddhists a happy Chinese New Year?

WHY is it any different than the above? Because they are Muslim? Or because you are in fact perpetuating racism against Muslims?

Sorry bud but this thread is WAY below you ... you that are in fact a Sikh, the people that were attacked as 'terrorists' just because you wear turbans and 'reminded' Americans of Muslims, a mistake that was perpetuated by disinformation by bigots that saw ANYONE that wore a turban as a person that was 'less than others and someone that you should be afraid of'.

I don't recall BHO recording a video for Krishna Jayanti [Hindu] or Visakah Puja [Buddhism] (yeah, I had to look those up).

Let's face it...BHO is in the bag for Islam. He's Islam's bitch. Hell, I still think he's a closet Muslim. Maybe he's trying to make nice with Islam, but he's coming off as a wimp.

DC, my concern is that his message is going to be taken in the wrong way. There's no sign of a thought somewhere in the background that we're looking for a behavioral quid pro quo from the least flexible and understanding of the aggressors who are intent upon waging war against non-believers and those who differ in opinion as to who is the true messenger of Islam.

I'm sorry that you're disappointed in me, but I think that you're seeing something in here that I had not intended to communicate. And yes, every day I'm an awful reminder to people who haven't a clue what I really am that we were attacked by people of a faith, expressed in a cancerous, twisted, insular way, that fills most Americans with dread. I hope that you never have to live as I do, wearing an undeserved badge of shame.
    Last edited by King 5.45; August 21st, 2009 at 10:56 PM.

snip

snip!
    Easter came and went without any acknowledgement from Obama. Obama has acknowledged no holidays of either Christianity or Judaism which have come and gone since he's taken office. Which kind of makes your claims of racism utterly without foundation. Though such lies and unfounded are common when one criticizes they Messiah, they should not go unchallenged.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast