Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question Galco Matrix Holster

I just ordered a Galco matix does anyone use one of these? If so please tell me about it. Do you like it? Hate it? Does it concel at all? Thanks das
    [SIGPIC]

(York County)

Default Re: Galco Matrix Holster

Wouldn't it have been a better idea to ask for reviews before you ordered it?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northampton County)

They look good. I have them in the shop. But I am not one to rave over a plastic holster other than the Safariland ALS

Cant believe no one has a Galco Matrix Holster.
    [SIGPIC]

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Cant believe no one has a Galco Matrix Holster.
    Saw this originally and didn't want to comment since mine was disappointing. It held the pistol decently close to the body but the pistol in holster fit was never really good. My HK USP c would hang up when trying to draw. Never spent the time to try and find the tight spot and clean it up.

I've since gone with Raven concealment (the bomb!) or other all leather holsters and am much happier.

I hope you have a better experience.

Default Galco Matrix Holster

Don't like to slam a manufacturer but here is my experence! Ordered a Galco X-Project Holster System for a 3" 1911 from Galco and it had the wrong retention strap which made it impossible to snap. I called Galco and sent it back on my dime thinking they would reemburse the shipping after they discovered the problem was theirs. No Way! They sent it back and when I put the weapon in it, the copper snap was not installed properly and rubbed the finish off a spot on the right side of the trigger guard and left a copper plating on it. I called Galco and told them I was sending it back for a refund. The customer rep told me I would be required to pay the return shipping and I went off on him. I had already paid shipping twice on a defective product and would not pay it again. He then agreed to pay the return shipping. I've purchased six or seven Galco holsters over the years but due to this experence, no more

(York County)

I have a Galco Matrix that I picked up in a 'Bargain Bin' at a local dealer for $10. It is for my G27/G33. I had never considered buying one until I saw it in that bin.
    With that being said, I like it. It does hold the gun high on the beltline and close to the body. Comfortable to wear. I took the time to practice at the range drawing and found it to be somewhat tight, but not a HUGE problem. Simply takes a stronger grip and pull. Nothing that would stop me from drawing quickly or efficiently.
    Had I not found it 'on sale' I would have not ordered one....but now that I have one, I like it and wear it quite often.