Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Repeat offender’s “worn out welcome”

More Judges need to adopt this policy with repeat offenders.
    How many chances are enough?

Also note the consecutive sentences lots of time they get concurrent sentences which makes a joke out of punishment.

http://www.ldnews.com/alllistings/ci...www.ldnews.com

Repeat offender’s “worn out welcome”

A 22-year-old city man with a long criminal record as an adult and a juvenile received a lengthy state prison sentence yesterday for an armed robbery and a burglary.

Terry Blessing, who lived at 32 S. Partridge St. at the time of his arrest, was sentenced to state prison for 61⁄3 to 20 years.

Blessing was sentenced for the Dec. 1, 2008, armed robbery of the Hess Express store in South Londonderry Township and the burglary of a home along Weymouth Drive in North Cornwall Township four days later.

District Attorney David Arnold asked Judge Samuel A. Kline for consecutive sentences for the holdup and the break-in.

Kline agreed, saying they were distinct crimes, and Blessing committed them on different days.

He called Blessing’s prior record “horrible,” noting it includes convictions for making terroristic threats, indecent assault, theft and criminal mischief. In addition, he has numerous probation and parole violations, the judge noted.

“At some point, the protection of society has to be considered,” Kline said.

“We’ve worn out the welcome,” he added, noting Blessing had been sent to a boot camp at one point during his youth.

Blessing acknowledged he made a mistake committing the offenses.

Blessing has been in prison on these charges since March, said Brian Deiderick, first assistant public defender.

“To his credit, when he spoke to the police he was forthcoming,” Deiderick said. Blessing took responsibility for what he did, but his problem is that he does not always think through his decisions, the defense attorney told the judge.
    The convenience-store armed robbery yielded cigars and cigarettes but no money.

Blessing and another man robbed the Campbelltown Hess Express in December.

Blessing displayed a handgun and threatened to shoot the clerk if she pushed a robbery-alarm button. He and his accomplice were unable to open the cash register. They took cigarettes and cigars from the store. Blessing was armed with an air gun, police said.

Last Dec. 5, Blessing broke into a home in the 200 block of Weymouth Drive in North Cornwall Township and stole 12 DVD movies, a DVD player and cologne.

In addition to the prison sentence, Blessing was ordered to pay fines totaling $3,300 and fines of more than $1,800.

Blessing pleaded guilty in June to charges related to both incidents.
    read some of this guys past criminal record here
    http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...erID=201406649

Default Re: Repeat offender’s “worn out welcome”

It would have been much better all around if he had simply been shot and killed during the home break in. No, DVDs and cologne don't justify killing a human, but breaking into a home does, AFAIC. Stay outside and you live, break in and you die.

To quote: “At some point, the protection of society has to be considered,” Kline said. Nice rap sheet.
    The real answer is 42.

(Bucks County)

When it comes to violent crime, I believe "one strike and you're out" is appropriate.

(Franklin County)

This much stupid in one person is difficult to comprehend.

(York County)

AAAAAHHHHMEN to the judge, put this guy away......or better yet put him to work doing something for the commonwealth (roadside cleanup,) etc, so the taxpayers dont have more .gov workers to pay for!!!

what ever happened to prison work details anyway.........?
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

They still have them down South.

I was in FL for the week of the 4th and saw work gangs out clearing weeds and picking up garbage, wearing the same uniforms with white stripe down the pant leg just like they used to while I was growing up down there.

Guard standing watch with a shotgun, the whole nine yards.

Works for me. Give them something useful to do. I'd make them wear bright pink jumpsuits, though.
    The real answer is 42.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Posit View Post
    This much stupid in one person is difficult to comprehend.
    How about the three guys who broke into a farmers barn in England? They did it more than once so the farmer shot them killing two and wounding the third (if I remember the details correctly).

The farmer was sentenced to life in prison.

The intruders had 108 felony convictions between the three of them.

How's that for difficult to comprehend?

Quote Originally Posted by Halftrack View Post
    They still have them down South.

I was in FL for the week of the 4th and saw work gangs out clearing weeds and picking up garbage, wearing the same uniforms with white stripe down the pant leg just like they used to while I was growing up down there.

Guard standing watch with a shotgun, the whole nine yards.

Works for me. Give them something useful to do. I'd make them wear bright pink jumpsuits, though.
    You sound like Sheriff Joe Arpaio lol