Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Interesting...

http://www.wgal.com:80/news/16950588/detail.html

MANHEIM, Pa. -- A would-be robber picked on the wrong victim in Manheim early Tuesday, according to police.

A 19-year-old Lancaster City man was shot in the chest and died hours later at a local hospital.

The botched holdup occurred just after 5 a.m. when two men followed the operations manager of Power Pro Battery into his office.

VIDEO: Manager Did What He Needed To Do, Police Say

Police said knowing he was about to be robbed, the manager pulled out his own handgun, turned and fired twice, hitting one of the robbers.

The other man got away.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Interesting...

Natural selection wins again.

(Cambria County)

Pretty good video coverage for the local news. I was surprised.

And I guess the two potential robbers were too weren't they.

One for the good guys.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Luzerne County)

Just another case of being prepared, and it saved his life!

(Lancaster County)

Default Another LTCF shooting!

Glad the good guy came out on top. Another one who won't be bothering anyone else.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/224813

Two would-be robbers, apparently lying in wait before daybreak, picked on the wrong victim in Manheim early today.

One suspect, a 19-year-old Lancaster city man, was shot in the chest and died hours later at a local hospital.

The other fled on foot — without any loot — and is still at large.

Police did not identify any of the men.

The botched holdup occurred just after 5 this morning when two masked men dressed in black followed the operations manager of Power Pro Battery Company into his office at 210 S. Penn St., police said.

Knowing he was about to be robbed, the manager pulled out his own handgun, turned and fired twice, hitting one of the suspects in the wrist and chest just inside the front door of the building, police said.

The worker, whose name has not yet been released by police, then called his boss, John Roads. Related Topics
    shooting (388) crime (2) attempted robbery (2)

"John, they tried to rob me," he said. "I shot somebody."

Both suspects fled east on foot, but the wounded robber collapsed about 400 yards away on West Stiegel Street, bleeding profusely from his chest.

Manheim Borough Police received word at 10:30 a.m. that the wounded robbery suspect had died. They did not release his name.

Police found a loaded TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun — a weapon that is rare yet increasing in popularity among criminals — nearby.

They also found baseball caps and a bandana, apparently worn by the two suspects.

Police were questioning the Power Pro Battery employee, whom they labeled a victim, this morning. They were also interviewing several other workers there.

"The victim has indicated to us that he acted in self-defense," Manheim Borough Police Chief Barry Weidman said.

"At this point it appears to be a robbery gone bad. We have no indication that it is any more than an attempted robbery."

Police marked off numerous pieces of evidence along the street early this morning. The southern end of Manheim is home to several businesses and several homes, as well as an elementary school, H.C. Burgard.

Bill Butler, 41, a resident of the 200 block of West Stiegel Street near the battery firm, said he was getting ready for work when he heard two gunshots. He looked out his guest-room window and saw two darkly dressed men running.

"I saw these two guys running about 20 feet apart," said Butler. "They were both dressed in black. One guy was behind the other, and he was going slower, and he was saying, 'Help me, he shot me.'"

Butler dialed 911.

Medical crews were dispatched to West Stiegel and Cherry streets at 5:25 a.m. Butler, a former Army medic who worked on an ambulance crew in West Virginia for 12 years, walked outside to help the wounded man.

"He had a sucking chest wound," said Butler.

Butler rode along with the Manheim Ambulance crew to Lancaster General Hospital. He said he held the wounded man's gloves over his wounds.

"He was conscious but fading. He said, 'I can't breathe,' and at one point he asked for his mother," said Butler. "It's something I've never seen before around here. I felt like I was back in the ambulance service."

Butler said the second robber fled north, through a brushy area between a building and parked trailers along the north side of West Stiegel Street.

Police launched a canine search but had not found the second suspect as of late this morning.

Roads said his worker, who was being questioned by borough police, had a license to carry the weapon. Police confirmed that.

Roads said the suspects were likely looking for cash and lying in wait for the operations manager to show up for work.

The company employs 14 people, including a team of drivers who carry cash to local junkyards to buy batteries. The firm reconditions the batteries for resale. Roads said employees for the firm have been robbed at least five times in its 10 years of existence.

The operations manager arrived for work shortly after 5 a.m. and parked his navy blue Chevrolet Avalanche along West Stiegel Street about 50 yards from Power Pro Battery.

Roads said the worker, sensing he was about to be robbed, intentionally left the business security system on so that it would trigger an alarm when the robbers entered. It did, and police were dispatched.

Roads added that there are surveillance cameras inside and outside the business, and that authorities are reviewing tapes.

(Lebanon County)

And people ask "what do you need a gun for?"

(Lancaster County)

Talking Re: Interesting...

Chalk one up for the good guys. I have heard some ignorant folks say why in earth do you carry a gun in Lancaster county DUH!

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: Interesting...

"Lancaster City man", eh? Let me guess.....nah, I'd better not say it.

Lancaster City ain't Lancaster County.

Lancaster City is just that: a typical city.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Another LTCF shooting!

+1 for the good guys

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Another LTCF shooting!

Another Darwin Award winner IMO. Thugs are all bad-asses until they get shot and start crying for their mommas. I hope the gentleman that was forced to pull the trigger does not lose any sleep over that piece of crap!

I saw the Manheim Police Chief being interviewed on WGAL. He said he feels in his heart this guy did the right thing so he could go home this evening. That's refreshing!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast