Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWII Guns

(Lebanon County)

Default WWII Guns

I'd really like to start collecting WWII guns, but I don't know anything!

For my first I really had my heart, and soul set on a mauser K98k, but my father could not see past the nazi, Germany. Now his ignorance is gone, but at a cost. The rifles are sky rocketing in value. By the time I can have a fully established economy, I bet they'll be upped times more, but then again that's my theory out of nothing more than my paranoia. Any thoughts on that, are they going up, up, up, and away in value?

Some guns I'd like to know about, and buy (wwii):

German K98k Mauser

M1.30cal Carbine

Spring Field Sniper (M1903A4 (Iron sights replaced with mount))

Can you guys give me some into on these guns: Bad/Good/BestWheel&DealPrice/Problematic areas to look for, and test on sight?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: WWII Guns

Keep an eye out for Russian Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54R too. They can be had cheaply, and were very good rifles from the WWII era..

German Mausers can be a little more difficult to find. Most of what I see are Yugo, Turkish, Swedish/Swiss(?), or other.

You can get a decent rifle of either of the two listed above for less then $200. If you are less concerned with quality, you can sometimes get them for $75. As to where you can find them, maybe someone else can pipe-up - I really don't keep track of such hardware.
    Last edited by knight0334; December 4th, 2006 at 07:07 PM.

(Clarion County)

Best surplus deals now are Yugo mausers,Yugo sks,Enfields and mosin nagants.

Check out www.aimsurplus.com
    www.southernohiogun.com
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Jefferson County)

Also, no WWII collection would be complete without a British Enfield 303 either.

(Lebanon County)

Russian 91/30 Sniper Rifles are hard to pass up. I'm pretty down on money for a while, and probably at the worst timing. Seems a lot of people are in a gun buying frenzy lately. Guess it's from all the WWII games, which are great.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    Russian 91/30 Sniper Rifles are hard to pass up. I'm pretty down on money for a while, and probably at the worst timing. Seems a lot of people are in a gun buying frenzy lately. Guess it's from all the WWII games, which are great.
    You dont need a sniper version. Buy a nice m44 or 91/3o for less than a hundred bucks. great fun.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Schuylkill County)

Lots of money to be lost trying to find that 'unmolested' vintage rifle.

Fact is that the K98 with the russian electropencil serial numbers and waffenampt dings have MORE HISTORY to them than 'pristine' examples.

Ditto with M1 Carbines that have the usual rebuild parts. They have history.

Taking off the arseln rebuild parts to make it 'factory issue' is completly destroying the history of the rifle and the hands that have held it.

Fact is that most ppl see it the other way around and look down at a mutt rifle... that was on the battle field, or sent through rebuilds before reissue.

(Luzerne County)

My WWII collection includes;
    M1 Garand, 1903A3, German K98k, Enfield No4 Mk1, Swiss K-31 and a Russian MN 91/30.

(Bucks County)

Hey Willtallica, a good place to look for US WWII rifles would be the Civilian Marksmanship Program, also known as the CMP. Just going through their website is fun and a real education for things you are looking for. Go to www.odcmp.com and please report back. My bro and I are planning a trip to the CMP in Ohio for early 2007. Can pick you up on the way...Mike45

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    Hey Willtallica, a good place to look for US WWII rifles would be the Civilian Marksmanship Program, also known as the CMP. Just going through their website is fun and a real education for things you are looking for. Go to www.odcmp.com and please report back. My bro and I are planning a trip to the CMP in Ohio for early 2007. Can pick you up on the way...Mike45

I totally forgot about that....

Just checked with them, they are out of 1903's - but have plenty of M1-Garands. Damn, I think I need to save up for one of the Garands..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast