Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default My modular target stand

I started a thread show me your target stand a couple days ago.

I was looking for some ideas on how to make a stand.Not much happening in that thread so I decided to just start to make something and this is how it turned out.

The legs

The main support

The slip in side supports with cut outs for the slip in target holding boards

The target holding boards.Can be replaced easily if need be

Going together

Last edited by RUDY850; March 29th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

Default Re: My modular target stand

What did you use for the hinges on the legs? Does that style have a special name? Would you be mad if I shot your holder? I made my stands from PVC pipe with a few elbows with 1"x1"x72" uprights with a stack of political signs I picked up from neighbors in Nov.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Policraticus View Post
    What did you use for the hinges on the legs? Does that style have a special name? Would you be mad if I shot your holder? I made my stands from PVC pipe with a few elbows with 1"x1"x72" uprights with a stack of political signs I picked up from neighbors in Nov.
    The hinges are cheap Sawhorse Brackets
    Made out of thin tin and a bullet would pass threw it if hit

No. would not be mad.I Will probably do it myself

I was thinking about using those brackets from Depot, but decided against it for now. I was going to use them for my steel targets. I'm not a fan of shooting paper, so your type of target stand isn't what I need.

Your set up works well. Have you thought about making some out of PVC? I made some for my silhouette targets.
    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...-target-stand/

Have you tried shooting steel? I find steel to be more exciting compared to paper...to me paper is only used to sight in my optics...once that's done, paper is so boring. With steel you see the hits and you can hear the hits as well.

I should have my new steel targets next week...I'll post some pictures. You can also use those "for sale" signs that you can find at Depot...I am going to see if I can get them to work on my new steel targets.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I was thinking about using those brackets from Depot, but decided against it for now. I was going to use them for my steel targets. I'm not a fan of shooting paper, so your type of target stand isn't what I need.

Your set up works well. Have you thought about making some out of PVC? I made some for my silhouette targets.
    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...-target-stand/

Have you tried shooting steel? I find steel to be more exciting compared to paper...to me paper is only used to sight in my optics...once that's done, paper is so boring. With steel you see the hits and you can hear the hits as well.

I should have my new steel targets next week...I'll post some pictures. You can also use those "for sale" signs that you can find at Depot...I am going to see if I can get them to work on my new steel targets.
    Shot steel only once and loved it.But the club I belong to don't allow steel targets.

I did think about the pvc.The wood I used was left over from something else so just went that way.Only had to get the saw horse brackets.

I'm going to get some of these targets eventually to make it more interesting
    http://www.newboldtargets.com/index.htm

These targets are good too...they used to offer more...my friend has the prairie dog one and it's held up...looks like some of their targets have been discontinued.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/duraseal-targets.php

Figured I'd show some steel targets. I just got the plates today...and painted them. I didn't take pictures of every plate...just the 12"plate.

12" plate with a rigged up "for sale" sign...I think I"ll get something more sturdy for the 12" plates, but the 6" plate will be fine with this stand.

8" plate with stand

(Montgomery County)

Rudy looks good.

Here is a thread i started last year on how my son and i made pvc stands. Others posted some of theirs too.

http://forum.pafoa.org/training-tact...get-stand.html