Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow So, did this cop have bad aim or was he trying for the leg to wound the gunman?

This Jones guy is damn lucky he's not dead. HG

Man shot by police at fight outside bar in Wall
    Sunday, March 20, 2011
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A man holding a gun was shot in the leg by police who responded to a fight outside a bar in Wall early today.

Allegheny County police said Carl Jones Jr., 22, was in an undisclosed hospital in critical condition after the shooting outside Eddie's Lounge and Restaurant on Wall Avenue.

East McKeesport police were dispatched there at about 2 a.m. after reports of a fight and shots fired. The first officers on the scene encountered a group of people fighting and man with a gun who allegedly pointed it at an officer.

The officer fired one round striking the man in the upper leg, said Allegheny County police Lt. Andrew Schurman.

Police determined that Mr. Jones was the only combatant with a gun and had fired shots before they arrived. He will be charged. No one else was hit, Lt. Schurman said.

County police did not release the name of the officer who shot Mr. Jones

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: So, did this cop have bad aim or was he trying for the leg to wound the gunman?

i dunno... i mean one shot and one hit at the intended target?? something sounds fishy here

i gotta say that is one of the only cases ive heard of a cop only shooting one time... and actually hitting the target...

(Centre County)

Default Re: So, did this cop have bad aim or was he trying for the leg to wound the gunman?

In my experience, most cops, like most civilians, are good people that don't want to use their sidearm. If this is the first time that officer's had to, I can totally understand the less-than-perfect aim. Imagine the adrenaline rush, massively increased heart rate, and often confusing situation. I'd say this one turned out nicely.

Probably didn't mean to shoot him in the leg but he hit him and the guy went down and that was the end of it.

(Lehigh County)

This was explained to me by a New Brunswick, NJ policeman. If you have to pull a gun on someone that already has a gun pointed at you, you don't have time to wait until you bring your gun up to fire. Your first shot should be into their leg area and work your way up as you bring your gun up to "center mass". Every second counts in situations like these.

That's my buddy Carl. The cop shot him thru the penis, thru the balls, shattered his femur, and broke 2 arteries! He's having surgery in the A.M. and i'm goin to see him right after that. He by no means pointed that gun at those cops! He was putting it down and the cop "jumped the gun".. it's ashame.

Quote Originally Posted by George412 View Post
    That's my buddy Carl. The cop shot him thru the penis, thru the balls, shattered his femur, and broke 2 arteries! He's having surgery in the A.M. and i'm goin to see him right after that. He by no means pointed that gun at those cops! He was putting it down and the cop "jumped the gun".. it's ashame.

OUCH!!!
    ΑΣΦ

(Westmoreland County)

This is one of those incidents, much more information is needed. I am wondering how he came to the conclusion deadly force was justified in a bar fight.
    It is a Little too early to make an opinion either way.
    Was deadly force justified on his end?
    Did the cop over react?
    Time will tell, I seriously don’t think the cop was going for anything but a center of mass shot.
    I was not there and can only go by (sarcasm) the excellent reporting of KDKA.

a person can still die if hit in the leg.
    FJB

the shot did it's job, stopped the threat, that's if he was the threat. but i guess mwag is always the threat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast