Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 short help?

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Default 22 short help?

compaired to a .22lr just how much slower is a short and how much quieter? I have a air riffle that is just barly quitter then a full on .22 would a short me quieter then that or louder and by how much... what kind of backstop would i need to stop at .22 short round at say 35 yards? blah blah blah all that fun stuff. In other words i'm compleatly lost. help pease.

Default Re: 22 short help?

I'm under the impression that you are trying to shoot without having your neighbors call the police on you?

It is a tough question to answer because the shorts range in speed from 560-1164 FPS. You will want to shoot subsonic 22LR...anything under 1050FPS is considered subsonic. For afforadable subsonice look at the CCI subsonic. I have heard that the Remington subsonic is very inconsistent, so I'd go with CCI subsonic. Wolf Match Target is also subsonic.

You might want to try Aguila SSS or SE ...Super Colibris are suppose to be very quiet as well, BUT they get mixed reviews on accuracy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I'm under the impression that you are trying to shoot without having your neighbors call the police on you?

It is a tough question to answer because the shorts range in speed from 560-1164 FPS. You will want to shoot subsonic 22LR...anything under 1050FPS is considered subsonic. For afforadable subsonice look at the CCI subsonic. I have heard that the Remington subsonic is very inconsistent, so I'd go with CCI subsonic. Wolf Match Target is also subsonic.

You might want to try Aguila SSS or SE ...Super Colibris are suppose to be very quiet as well, BUT they get mixed reviews on accuracy.
    That is what i want to do. I bought CCI .22CB short. I have a air rifle that is exteamly loud, high veloisity but i have to pump it about 12 times inbetween each shot. I have about 25-35 yard range type thing in my back yard and nobody really complanes about the airrifle(s) and accuracy really isn't a big deal for me.

(Montgomery County)

this is what i shoot in the back yard... http://www.airgundepot.com/cb9.html
    Last edited by Mark; October 30th, 2006 at 12:34 AM. Reason: coding error

The Sheridan's are suppose to be very good air rifles. I thought about buying a Pnuematic (sp) rifle, but they are too expensive. The speed on your Sheridan is a lot slower than I expected.

I know some people build an indoor shooting range in their basement...using PVC pipes to reduce the sound.

I will be ordering a case 5k of CCI subsonic for my suppressor...so let me know if you need any ammo.

I see you live near me...I'm in Pottstown, PA...on the Chester Co side of the City.

(Montgomery County)

My air rifle is slow but its got a nice punch. Ive taken rabbit at about 75 yards with it. and the pellet whent all the way throught the rabbit. I just found out that my neibor 4 houses down usses what i got to shoot in his back yard. So i guess its save. and PM me about that ammo. I might be instereted. (god i can't spell tonight time for bed)

I was trying to be PC by not commenting on your typing skills...or lack of...LOL If you ever meet Drak, you and him can have a spelling and typing contest...boy would that be a lot of fun.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah I really don't type well and don't worrie about being PC with me. I still may be in Public high school but I'm deffently not PC.

(Luzerne County)

Super Collibris are very quiet out of a rifle. Quieter than an air rifle as a matter of fact. Accuracy is so-so but I only plinked with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast