Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awards.

Default Awards.

I think its time we had awards on this web. Not to say these are favorites, but to show appreciation.

Some times we forget to tell people we appreciate them and they start to feel like they are taken for granted.

I think the top award goes to DanP, First for starting and maintaining this board. But also for watching out for small brush fires that could easily start and put them out as soon as possible, Dan you are doing a great job keeping us in line and keeping spammers out of here. Keep up the great work!

Doug would come second. Not only is he there reading all our babbles and making sure we don’t hurt each other while helping DanP, but he also hosts the board on his web server. That’s right; the reason we don’t have to pay to post here is that Doug does it for us!

Third is rougher, there have been many good posts, and personally I like Steve in pa’s way of helping the average shooter here get to know the law better. I always appreciate his postings and they make me think and search the web for answers as well.

Aubie515, although we have scrapings and disagreements I Appreciate you probably more then you would think, you also make me reflect on things. Although we don’t always say it the same ways, my general view is 2 dimes and a nickel still are worth 25 cents. Does not matter that some people would call it a quarter! The only thing I wish would happen to you is that you would expand on your topics a bit. Often you say just enough to get me wanting to know more.

LorDiego01 there are days you just make me laugh, not that you intend to I’m sure but in general you have a good way of putting words that almost make sense to me

ChamberedRound Again the Quarter issue, there are times 2 people say the same thing but in different words, and although it sounds different both mean the exact same thing. Many times I look at a post and say Hmm that’s what I was thinking… then see the name and wonder how you get the same idea I did. Some times the English language is such a pain, there are so many ways to say the same thing, but worded differently… Some times the way some people say it just makes it easier to read.

There are many other posters out there, 698 members today! Many of you we don’t get to know very well, either your too shy or just don’t have the time to speak out. And although I don’t know any one on this board personally except for 2 men.

They are 2 that I also consider Personal friends, People I met and appreciate in real life, Bib and Woody in no specific order, both are good people, and helped me a lot. I don’t know if they realize it, but as fellow shooters and as just plain old people, These 2 men and their wives sort of make like a family to my wife and I. Sure do miss being with them and shooting holes in the sky with my gun while I watch them hit almost every clay.
    They make it look so easy too~
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Berks County)

Default Re: Awards.

Thanks for the kind words, Frenchy. We don't always see eye-to-eye on some issues, but that happens with everyone. And, that's the point of this board: to hear what everyone has to say and discuss/debate it, regardless of one's approval or disapproval.

(Philadelphia County)

Nice post Frenchy.

Thanks for the kind words to all the forum.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Carbon County)

Talking Re: Awards.

Frenchy,

I thought about you Sunday on the way home from the Allentown gun show. We were behind a guy with a "France sucks" bumper sticker. I SO wanted to follow him and at least get in a "Bonjour Muisseur" while asking for directions or something....but I knew he was armed and probably not much of a sense of humor!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Archiver View Post
    Frenchy,

I thought about you Sunday on the way home from the Allentown gun show. We were behind a guy with a "France sucks" bumper sticker. I SO wanted to follow him and at least get in a "Bonjour Muisseur" while asking for directions or something....but I knew he was armed and probably not much of a sense of humor!
    If only people knew the real history behind France and many other countries including Canada, they would be more considerate of where these countries choose to go.

Gulf war, the French Mirage where there, 3 shot down, their only weapon on board, cameras. They where doing rekki work for the US, shot down by "Friendly fire".
    Canada has troups and planes also, planes had cameras and satelite guidance no weapons, they guided the US bombs, They also suffered Friendly fire... In Iraq no more then a few moths ago, 3 men from the Battalion I belonged to in Canada where found dead.. Friendly fire. The US has disarmed these countries with agreements and now they want them to come join in to war with out weapons... Canada was armed fairly well when the Queen was "Honored" there, but since then, the military might of Canada is about the same as the State police in Maine.

From what I understand Canada will be taking a major decision in the next few years to arm its border guards. Most of these are RCMP and are not allowed to carry because they are in a "neutral zone".. Odd tho, the US side is armed, there are even at times national guards there. The US can conduct live fire on the great lakes and the rounds often cross into the Canadian border, but the coast guard in Canada is not allowed to be armed, the reasoning is the US is there to defend them!
    Like i said in an other thread, a good movie is the Broken Arrow, the story of the Canadian Avro project. http://archives.cbc.ca/300c.asp?IDCa...an=1&IDMenu=75

Odd how Canada scrapped the Avro and the US gained a base in Macaza The Beaumark was the gift the US sold Canada, problem was, there was sand in the warheads, Canada was not allowed to have nukes! I grew up in Macaza, and I remember not one Canadian truck or jeep on that base, but i do remember all the stars on the jeeps. Diefenbaker the Prime minister decided to scrap the project rather then give it to the US when told he would/could not produce the Avro arrow. The basic same history is repeating its self in France, they are being told they cant have nukes, so they decided they would drop it, problem is, now the US has a bigger problem as the nukes are no where to be found! Russia was disarmed, Germany was Disarmed, where did all these knukes go? They thought they where in Iraq, but not found there, now maybe they are in North Korea... Who knows. One thing is for sure, the friends dont have them, and some one does.
    So when it all happens to hit the fan like its doing now in Iraq, its no woder these countries dont want to go to war.
    Last edited by Frenchy; October 25th, 2006 at 12:38 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Bucks County)

having fought aside French troops in Iraq I can attest that they are not wimps. Having family living in Canada (both sides, French & English) I can attest they are great. However, I can say that the stereotype about both is not without merit. Lets just call it their interesting attitudes. Canada lived next to the police station for so long they actually think that there is no crime. France, well lets just say, they are like the parents who lectured their kids on how to do everything - we the kids ignored everything we were told and became a super power. This just did not sit right with them. Never has and never will. Now both have extremely petty attitudes towards the USA which is sad to witness from such once great countries.

BTW, I'm writing this from Germany after a 12 hour flight from China.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    BTW, I'm writing this from Germany after a 12 hour flight from China.
    Just whut you Doing in Germany? My Step son is there in a US Army base.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Just whut you Doing in Germany? My Step son is there in a US Army base.
    Arbeit macht frei

Consider your son lucky. These days there are plenty worse places to be stationed.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Arbeit macht frei

Consider your son lucky. These days there are plenty worse places to be stationed.
    Yeah, they got smoked 6 weeks when he first got there because some NCO went on a rampage with jeeps while drunk... But he said the beer is good and would not speak about the ladies... He is promissed to a young lady here...

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Default Awards.

Well we have people to add to the "Awards" section, first of all, the supporting members.
    doug, phillyd2, 91xlt, JLStorm, billamj, keystone, exceltoexcel, Frenchy, CCinPA, Delta1/5, TonyF, jdlv4_0, Broomhandle, TheHighChild, 27hand, ChamberedRound, Mike45, GUNRUNNERS OF PA, LittleRedToyota, knight0334, highrider, rey schwantz, SigForLife, The Drew, Jamie Young, romeo oscar bravo, RUDY850, mjd932, aubie515, DeepbluePA, wewo, GRIZZLYBEAR, prothero, pghplr, Mark, dirksterg30, commissionerfd1, SGTUSArmy, NI4NI, Johnc, Todd710, One_in_the-Chamber, Cerberus, dmg1969, LorDiego01, avizpls, Jim, PHL, TcRoc, fultonCoShooter, DrakinClaw.
    I would also add exceltoexcel for his way of writing, I think he places a great deal of time in research and almost always enjoy seeing what is written.
    Last edited by Frenchy; January 5th, 2007 at 01:12 AM.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast