Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Question Buying a revolver

I'm thinking about buying a revolver and am looking for any suggestions. My criteria:
    1. Midprice range
    2. low caliber(I don't mind a little kick, but don't want to have to step back when I pull the trigger)
    3. Inexpensive to take to the range a few times a week
    4. Ideal size to fit a woman's hand
    Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Perry County)

klpolk3, taking all of your requirements into consideration, a .38 sounds like it might be a good choice. I had a Taurus model 85 (two actually...1 blue and 1 stainless) and found it to be a good gun. I am a big Taurus fan. My wife and I are contemplating purchasing another revolver and are looking at either a .38 or .357 by Taurus. Makes me wish I never would have traded the model 85 in.

(Allegheny County)

I like the Taurus as well for midrange price and good quality. I have a couple Taurus' and never had a problem. I have the 627 model stainless steel .357.
    and its a good gun for my wife because she likes to shoot 38's with it cause she too doesn't like a big kick. If its for the range, I wouldn't go for a barrel under 4". www.taurususa.com

(Bucks County)

Default Revolver...

Hey klpolk3, Take a good look at the Smith & Wesson Airweight Series. Models 637 & 638 are great .38's and are easy to handle. They come with and without hammers, can handle +P ammo and carry very easily. They are in the $400 range and .38 ammo won't dent the wallet too badly. Let us know how you make out...Mike45

(Philadelphia County)

I would suggest s S&W in .357

You can still shoot .38, but if you ever need a little more kick, it'll be there.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Chester County)

Default Some suggestions

S&W 642
    Taurus 85/850/650/851/651
    S&W 640-1 Centennial
    Ruger SP-101

Personally I would choose the 640-1 but you will probably only find them on the Used market, as they are at 640-3 now.

All the above except the SP-101 and 640-1 will have an internal lock (assuming you buy new), if you don't like that then look at the SP-101 and 640-1.

If you're going to carry the revolver, you'll probably want one with a concealed or shrouded hammer.