Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Walter G22 .22LR

A tiny bit pricey, but it's somewhat compacted, stylish, and pretty damn accurate.

I'm sick of lugging a huge rifle around to shoot tiny .22LRs, and I'd like something a little bit more piratical for home defense. This firearm seems great in a lot of aspects, any thoughts?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Walter G22 .22LR

You want that for Home Defense? Unless you are a VERY cool shot under stress, and your targets head is unaware of your presence, I'd strongly reccomend a more powerful round than a .22LR.

Above that-go for it! It looks like a fun range gun, and a good practice gun if you have other carbines or bull pup rifles with more expensive ammo.

(Cambria County)

Thumbs down Re: Walter G22 .22LR

Overpriced rifle that takes overpriced low capacity mags and has practically no after market support. IMHO about the only practical reason to buy one of these is if you need a short pack rifle for camping and even then you could build a nice 10-22 folder for what these cost and feed it with cheap 25rd hot lips mags. Way more fun at the range than a 10 shot and the best after market support of any .22lr. As far as using it for self defense, it's your funeral.

(Lebanon County)

Hollow points, my quick fingers, my house, and I'll take anyone! Anyone want to contest? For now it'll be better than nothing, and I can't afford to much.

As far as after market upgrades, I'm not all out when it comes to .22s. I just love the ammo.

(Lehigh County)

I love plinking with .22s, but unless you're a serious squirell slayer you could do the same thing with a Buckmark or a Neos pistol. And they wouldn't be as ugly . And if you want a HD firearm you can get a Bersa or a Keltec in a serious defense caliber for the same kind of money. Check out the KelTec Sub2000K carbine.
    John: How come I'm not afraid?
    D'Argo: Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty.
    John: I love hanging with you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    Hollow points, my quick fingers, my house, and I'll take anyone! Anyone want to contest? For now it'll be better than nothing, and I can't afford to much.

As far as after market upgrades, I'm not all out when it comes to .22s. I just love the ammo.
    Well, personally I think you should save up some cash, you get what you pay for, and as far as a .22 for HD is concearned, I think unless your going to be attacked by chipmunks and other rodents I think it would be a bad idea....
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

I think if you are going to post something, you should learn how to spell. Instead of surfing the net, you should brush up on your spelling skills. Just some food for thought.

(Cambria County)

My husband had one of those...had the gun shop get it in for him special. He "plinked" with it a bit, and then got rid of it. He bought a Mossberg shotgun for Home Defense.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Lebanon County)

I have plently of 1st person expirence in close quarters combat. I almost went into professinal paintball, like that you see on ESPN. I always make sure my profile is inches wide, and only my face can be seen. I'm completely used to having to shoot people at least 3 times point blank before it's safe to consider them dead.

No comment.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast