Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: M4s

(Northampton County)

Default M4s

CDNN just sent me their weekly sale ad a few minutes ago. In it they list a CMMG M4 with gas piston operating system and a flat top, no sights, for $999.

CMMG M4LEP · .223 · M4 16" Barrel · Piston Driven · Double Liner M4 Fore End ·
    Retractable Stock ·Picatinny Gas Block · NO LUG · 1-30rd Mag ·
    NO SIGHTS · Optic Ready · New
    #CMMGM4LEP $999.99
    GET 3 EXTRA MAGS FREE WITH PURCHASE!
    Is it a good deal? I've seen piston system rifles for for well over $1500 before. Is the CMMG piston M4 a good rifle? Is it worth $1000 without sights?

How about a Colt 6920 for $1199.99?

Colt 6920 M4A3 AR-15 · 223 · 16" M4 Barrel w/Bird Cage · 2-20rd Mags · LE
    Marked on Receiver · 4-Position Collapsible Stock · Detachable
    Carry Handle · Bayonet Lug · New
    #COLLE6920 $1199.99
    Last edited by Warpt762x39; July 15th, 2009 at 12:54 AM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: M4s

prices seem to be dropping across the board.
    if you've already have one i'd wait. got a feeling they're gonna get even cheaper as time goes by.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by cashisking007 View Post
    prices seem to be dropping across the board.
    if you've already have one i'd wait. got a feeling they're gonna get even cheaper as time goes by.
    I don't have one at the moment. I'm still working on getting a loan to cover a bunch of things plus some more to go and buy myself a couple of things.

One will be an AR/M4. I've never bought a gun before. All the ones I currently have were gifts. I basically settled on a Stag Model 2 but am willing to go for something else if it's a better gun for a good price.

The Colt would be kinda cool but I've personally never been that much into the Colt brand. I'm the kind of person who will buy a Colt replica (1911, SAA, M4) before I buy an actual Colt.

The CMMG looks like a neat gun though. I'm more familiar with the gas piston system than the gas impingement system of the AR.

I guess it doesn't really matter at the moment as I don't have the money to buy one. Lol.

I guess I can't be blamed for shopping around

(Montgomery County)

Well I will tell you what I think and take it from just one guy who loves his Stag. You can pick up a Stag 2 on GB for $825 plus shipping and transfer cost. I think that is a great deal. Stag isn't considered to be as top tier as the Colt 6920 (which at $1200 is a great price.) People who fire many rounds through their rifles in classes and depend on them when the SHTF says Stag's staking and such are not good enough. I feel you should have an extra BCG anyway for back up for any brand so I got one. I'm not to keen on the piston guns, but that is just me, others love them. Now here is the big one, I would not borrow money to buy a gun, in this economy who knows what tomorrow will bring. Good luck and welcome to the Black Rifle world.

(Allegheny County)

with prices of Colts dropping to normal I would suggest the Colt

(Chester County)

That's a fuckin great deal on a 6920! I am not sold on the piston thing personally.

I would buy the Colt faster than I could type this response. It will give you a lifetime of great service, regardless of the type of shooting you do...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    That's a fuckin great deal on a 6920! I am not sold on the piston thing personally.

I would buy the Colt faster than I could type this response. It will give you a lifetime of great service, regardless of the type of shooting you do...
    +1000000000
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Philadelphia County)

That is a really good deal for that 6920.
    You will not be disappointed with the Colt, and it will not let you down as long as you take care of it.

Plus it's resale value is higher than many.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    Well I will tell you what I think and take it from just one guy who loves his Stag. You can pick up a Stag 2 on GB for $825 plus shipping and transfer cost. I think that is a great deal. Stag isn't considered to be as top tier as the Colt 6920 (which at $1200 is a great price.) People who fire many rounds through their rifles in classes and depend on them when the SHTF says Stag's staking and such are not good enough. I feel you should have an extra BCG anyway for back up for any brand so I got one. I'm not to keen on the piston guns, but that is just me, others love them. Now here is the big one, I would not borrow money to buy a gun, in this economy who knows what tomorrow will bring. Good luck and welcome to the Black Rifle world.
    The loan isn't just for that. It's actually for a bunch of things. A car mainly then paying off some of my more troublesome debts from my old bank and such. Anything extra is going to be used for a new toy.

I already know what the payments are going to be and unless I screw up totally, I'm not at much of a risk of losing my job as it is the busy season for our kind of work and we are short handed as it is.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post

Agreed, and f*ck piston AR's (unless you're running short/ suppressed).

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast