Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up Wisconsin legislators expected to expand gun owner rights by spring

Hubert Hoffman wears his gun on his belt, for all the world to see.

At home, work, the grocery store - everywhere the law allows - his .45-caliber semi-automatic is at his side.

Hoffman, of Onalaska, is vice president of Wisconsin Carry, a two-year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and expanding gun rights. Despite his public display of arms, he does not consider himself a gun enthusiast.

"It's not so much about the gun as it is the rights," he said.

He'd prefer to carry it inside his coat, but Wisconsin law forbids concealed weapons - for now.

In the eyes of gun rights proponents like Hoffman, Wisconsin is a decade behind the rest of the nation. But that might soon change.

"It's definitely a pro-gun Legislature," said Nik Clark, president of Wisconsin Carry.

Guns are intrinsic to Wisconsin culture, but even with its rich heritage of hunting, the state remains one of the most restrictive when it comes to gun rights. Wisconsin is one of only two states that do not allow the concealed carry of firearms.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loca...cc4c002e0.html

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Wisconsin legislators expected to expand gun owner rights by spring

I agree.. it IS about time Wisconsin got out of the dark ages.... I lived in Wisconsin for most of my life, and now reside in PA... where the laws are one hell of alot better than Wisconsin. Hopefully they will be able to get this passed so that I can carry there when I come there..

Best of luck to all those Wisconsinites in this pursuit......

(Delaware County)

good for Wisconsin.

schr8er, aren't you from that state?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

What a loaded poll... a lot of gun owners still agree with some regulation, such as prohibiting violent felons from possessing firearms. This means they will not select the first choice.

The second choice has nothing to do with firearms. The second choice says "deadly weapons." They made sure to use the word "deadly" in the choice so that people would think happy thoughts of preventing death.

These polls are always cleverly crafted to give the desired outcome.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Wisconsin legislators expected to expand gun owner rights by spring

The entire legislature shifted, as did the governor's mansion, in FAVOR of gun owners there in WI this last election. Glad to see the Cheddar Curtain finally starting to fall in my lifetime. I have relatives trapped in the Door County Gulag there!

One reason I've never hunted in Wisconsin or visited Army Buddies...their gun laws. Perhaps now Wisconsin will be able to get some of my hard earned money via tourism. I refuse to spend money in anti-gun states to the best of my ability. I won't travel through, buy products from, nor vacation in states that are not "Free."

Lord knows I'm a bird hunting fool and Wisconsin in known for its awesome bird hunting. Grouse of Wisconsin, look out, CL just might be coming for a weekend!

CL