Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: New Jersey Dems block Christie’s gun permit change

PA should mandate a "take an easterner to a range" day
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post

Anything is better than NJ and NY though. I lived there for a few years after the military and it was awful.
    same. I recognize that my family in NY & NJ will never have the freedom we enjoy here in PA, but all I am asking is for their states to recognize our rights... even if they deny them to their own residents.

My local sheriff is ok with me owning & carrying fire arms, I have demonstrated for years that I can do so without harm to myself or others. why can't they respect this on their side of the imaginary line?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    same. I recognize that my family in NY & NJ will never have the freedom we enjoy here in PA, but all I am asking is for their states to recognize our rights... even if they deny them to their own residents.

My local sheriff is ok with me owning & carrying fire arms, I have demonstrated for years that I can do so without harm to myself or others. why can't they respect this on their side of the Magonot line?
    Like Ungawa said, NJ has been an oppressive nanny state for longer than I've been alive.

It may have been more bearable than it is now when I grew up there in the 70's and 80's, but it still sucked and continues to get worse and worse.

It's proximity to Noo Yawk, and the massive influx of its fine residents, is probably one of the biggest factors in that.

Now theyre bringing that awesomeness to PA, and have been for some time. The best thing about the Obama economy is that it seemed to delay the urban libtard migration. I've seen way more NY and NJ license plates and a large increase of traffic in the area in last two years. It's not very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    PA should mandate a "take an easterner to a range" day
    Well now that all the libs are out buying guns and ammo for fear of Trump's pending military dictatorship, maybe we would actually have some takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Well now that all the libs are out buying guns and ammo for fear of Trump's pending military dictatorship, maybe we would actually have some takers.
    i'm always against the government forcing things on people but two ideals that always shine compared to things like forced abortions and taxes are mandatory military service and firearms training.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

I left NJ for PA in 2004, have had a carry permit for 12 years.
    I do not want NJ values, the only thing I want from them is my monthly retirement check from
    The New Jersey Public Employees retirement plan!!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason O View Post
    Way too many of them! I heard a news clip this morning that NY is loosing population as well. How many NY "refugees" are moving here, and bringing along their values.

I'd love to leave PA and head out west to a more freedom minded region, but would that make me an invader too?
    I'm a NY refugee, but I left because I was tired of NY's high cost of living, high taxes, and hatred for constitutional rights--most notably the 2nd Amendment. I came to PA for freedom, NOT to make PA more like the cesspool known as NY. There are good parts of NY with people of the same mind as those here on PAFOA, but they are outnumbered and overruled by leftist voters and corrupt politicians in NYC and in the other cities throughout the state.

In summary, please don't write off all refugees from states with a bad record on freedom as bad people looking to make PA bad too. A lot of us just wanted to escape the madness.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
    I'm a NY refugee, but I left because I was tired of NY's high cost of living, high taxes, and hatred for constitutional rights--most notably the 2nd Amendment. I came to PA for freedom, NOT to make PA more like the cesspool known as NY. There are good parts of NY with people of the same mind as those here on PAFOA, but they are outnumbered and overruled by leftist voters and corrupt politicians in NYC and in the other cities throughout the state.

In summary, please don't write off all refugees from states with a bad record on freedom as bad people looking to make PA bad too. A lot of us just wanted to escape the madness.
    Hear here! Please ensure your votes match your viewpoint, Senator Blutarsky.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
    I'm a NY refugee...
    Hey- Thats the same argument the left uses for wanting to import more middle-eastern refugees to our soil "90% of them want a better life..." It's the other 10% that I worry about.

Joking aside, welcome to PA. Now do your part and encourage a leftist near you to move to NY or NJ!

(Chester County)

This shows me that even a fat, RINO Republican is better than any Democrat.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast