Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Under Investigation for Timecard Fraud, Councilman's Aid Accuses FOX-29 of Racism

Philly Race-Baiting: Under Investigation for Timecard Fraud, Councilman's Aid Accuses FOX-29 of Racism
    September 19, 2008

Its one of the oldest tricks in the book for politicians and staffers caught with their hands in the cookie jar, accuse your accuser of being racist. In this case, top legislative aid to Philadelphia City Councilman, Wilson Goode, Jr., has been under investigation by local Philadelphia FOX station, Channel 29, and their report, Jeff Cole, for defrauding the city by putting in on her time card for many hours which she simply did not work.

While hardly a national story — relatively small potatoes in comparison to the many federal political corruption prosecutions there in recent years, including the ongoing trial of State Senator Vincent Fumo — a recent twist in the story makes in a little more interesting: The aid to Councilman Goode, Latrice Bryant, in City Council's opening session yesterday, held up several handmade signs for the cameras, accusing FOX 29 of being racist. But let FOX 29 and Jeff Cole tell the story:
    Fox 29 Accused Of Racism In City Council
    Goode Aide Shows Hand-Made, Accusatory Signs

Last Edited: Thursday, 18 Sep 2008, 10:31 PM EDT
    Created: Thursday, 18 Sep 2008, 6:05 PM EDT

PHILADELPHIA -- The opening session of Philadelphia's city council is often filled with warm wishes and good feelings for the days ahead.

But on Thursday, during the first meeting, a top aide to a city councilman accused this television station and its investigative reporter of racism.

The aide works for Councilman Wilson Goode, Jr. During the past several weeks, we've been asking her and the councilman questions about her work habits at city hall.

On Thursday morning, Fox 29's Jeff Cole tried again to get some answers, and that's when the hand-made, accusatory signs came out.

"Hey Latrice, can I talk to you real quickly? Latrice, before you run," Cole said to the aide.

Latrice Bryant is a top legislative aide to Goode. She's ducking questions we have about the amount of time she spends at city hall working for the councilman.

Here's why we're asking: during work weeks in June and July, Fox 29 Investigates kept an eye on Bryant as she made her way to and from her job at city hall.

We saw her -- time and time again -- showing up late while indicating on her time sheets that she started work, often, hours earlier.

Bryant, who has worked for Goode for nearly nine years, declined to be interviewed and told us to talk to her boss.

So, on Thursday we came to the opening session of city council to try to get some answers.

But after Bryant dodged us, she took a seat behind Goode in council chambers and held up hand-written signs accusing Fox 29 and Cole of racism.

Councilman Goode claims after that he did not see Bryant holding up the signs.

The accusations came moments after Goode reacted angrily to our attempts to question Bryant.

"Don't you ever disrespect a black woman like that again," Goode said.

After the session ended, we tried to speak with Goode about Bryant's work habits and her accusatory signs.

"What is racist about me asking you about your publicly-paid employee and her hours, sir?" Cole asked.

"I am going to send you a written response and I'm going to talk to them about whatever they want to talk about," Goode said.

In the response, Goode wrote that he won't dismiss Bryant's nine-year work track record based on possible "mistakes" on her time sheets.

He says he has tightened the sign-in process in his office but wouldn't answer questions about her work hours.

"But when someone signs timesheets a few days later and goes back it's, they're prone to make mistakes," Goode said.

"Councilman, how can somebody claim they're in at 8:30 whey they show up at 11:30?" Cole asked.

"Get out of my way," Goode said.

"I'm sorry, councilman. I'll get right out of your way," Cole said.

Goode said he didn't see Bryant's signs.

In his written statement, Goode wrote that it is impossible for him to go back in time to recollect an employees work hours. And he adds that time sheets in his office will now be filled-out on a daily basis.

Something else for the City of Brotherly Love to be proud of.

Will Councilman Goode take any action concerning Latrice Bryant's fraudulent timecard entries, or about her conduct during yesterday's City Council session. Its doubtful, given the abysmal track record of City Council in addressing ethical problems among its own.

Top legislative aid to Philadelphia City Councilman, Wilson Goode, Jr., yesterday, holding up a handwritten sign during the opening session of Council, with the name of FOX 29 reporter Jeff Cole along with "KKK"

Here, Bryant holds up a sign that reads "FOX 29 are racist."

Latrice Bryant during yesterday's City Council session.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Berks County)

Default Re: Under Investigation for Timecard Fraud, Councilman's Aid Accuses FOX-29 of Racism

In a word... ignorance.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Under Investigation for Timecard Fraud, Councilman's Aid Accuses FOX-29 of Racism

Yep, it is all just because she is black. No other reason. Her work ethics have absolutely nothing to do with this.

I really hate when people try to use something like this to remedy the situation they are in. Be it a handicap, color of skin, male or female, none of it matters.

I wonder if it would have been OK for someone to say, "Don't you ever insult a WHITE woman like that again".

Sounds like she is in trouble. And grabbing for straws.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

It is shit like this that makes people numb to the cries of racism. There is actual racism out there in the world, but when I see some stupid bitch doing shit like this I automaticly think she is a lazy bitch. She then makes the succesive claims of racism from other blacks carry just a little less weight. I don't like that this happens, but I have to be honest about it. Does this shit effect anyone else like this?

Could Cole or Fox 29 sue this stupid bitch? Would that be slander or lible? Since it is in writen form, but not published would that make a difference?

(Delaware County)

I believe as a public person (television reporter) he would have no standing.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

I have to ask, if any white politician responded to questions about President Bush by saying "Don't you ever disrespect a white man like that again", would he be fired on the spot, or would they burn his house down first and THEN fire him?

At least he didn't call the reporter "boy". Welcome to Plantation Philadelphia, where race politics is always a winner, if you're born with the right credentials.

(Lehigh County)

How did those mean white people get so prejudiced?

All seriousness aside, until whites grow a backbone and stop running like little girls whenever 'racism' is shouted, this country will continue to spiral downward.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

I have to ask, if any white politician responded to questions about President Bush by saying "Don't you ever disrespect a white man like that again", would he be fired on the spot, or would they burn his house down first and THEN fire him?

At least he didn't call the reporter "boy". Welcome to Plantation Philadelphia, where race politics is always a winner, if you're born with the right credentials.
    Except that, according to Fox 29, every Black citizen they interviewed on the street said they thought that woman was full of shit. So I guess it's not always a winner, huh?
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Except that, according to Fox 29, every Black citizen they interviewed on the street said they thought that woman was full of shit. So I guess it's not always a winner, huh?
    Yeah, right... because Fox 29 said it, it must be true.

I wonder how many black folks they actually had to interview to get the type of responses they wanted.

(Berks County)

White elected official says angrily to a black reporter "dont you ever disrespect a white woman like that". He would have no job. He would probably end up in some sort of trial. There would be a media shitstorm.

But its us whiteys that are the racist ones, donchaknow. Always keepin the proud brothas and sistas down. Hatin on a proud black female for doin her thang.

Personally, any woman, white or black, showed up to work in my public office dressed as she dressed, she be put out on her ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast