Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: saiga 7.62x39

(Berks County)

Default saiga 7.62x39

so hers my story, ive always wanted a ak style rife mostly due to the fact of awsome reliability and about now is the time just in case the election dosent go our way......i see tons of yugo and romy aks but ive been looking at the saigas mostly do to the fact that its the closest to the real thing, made in russia and they seem to be a way better value....ive seen prices under $300.......

ok so heres my problem, question one, does anyone know where around south east pa or central pa that they sell them for under the $300 mark, ihave a problem buying guns online and being stuck with it before holding it

question two, how hard is it to do the ak conversion for the mags and pistol grip.....i have limited space and tools and not a lot of experence at gunsmithing.....

thanks a lot guys for the help

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: saiga 7.62x39

you are better going on gunbroker.com and purchasing the mod mags. J lowe clips and magazines sells them. also you would have to file mag catch a little and install a feed ramp. They are a nice gun and going up in price a little more everytime i go to a gunshow. try bobs army navy in cleafield or belding and mull in phillipsburg. they both have competitive pricing.

(Chester County)

You can go hold one at Gun Gallery in Mt. Penn, HOWEVER...I would never buy anything from them, they are way overpriced. But at least you can hold the gun & get a good feel for it there.

Then go to gunbroker & shop around, or PM me and I'll tell you where you can get a very good price on a new one.
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Blair County)

Stubby might be able to get one in for ya. He's in York area.

As for the pistol grip its not hard at all to do. I broke me tap threading the bullet guide but that is about par for the course, so buy a spare when ya get one.

There is a shop out my way that had them in stock in you're price last time I was up a couple weeks ago. It would be cost prohibitive I think for you to go up there and get it though.

If ya find one and ya need conversion help drop me a line I did my x39 and my 12 gauge with minimal tools
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."