Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Kimber TLE/RL 2 Grip Question

I recently bought a TLE RL2 and want to take advantage of Kimber's offer to get rosewood grips for $40 via the card that came with it. They ask to select the size of rosewood grips (the card is probably used for their entire product line) and I know it's full size but a there are two options provided. Here are all the options:

• Classic and Pro Carry (Full size Frame)
    • Compact
    • Ultra
    • Classic and Pro Carry (ambidextrous)
    • Compact and Ultra (ambidextrous)
    • Full size and Full Length for Mag Well

Which one would the TLE RL 2 be? I'm presuming it's the first or last one but not sure which? I guess I could ask Kimber but thought I might get a quicker response here.

Thanks!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Kimber TLE/RL 2 Grip Question

Call them, give them the serial, and ask them to check based on what it left the factory with -- too many guns that appear stock have little things changed on them that make a difference.

Edit to add: For example, I've seen TLE RL II's that have ambi safeties. Never seen one with a mag well, and the option you're looking for is likely #1, but I'd check to be sure.
    Last edited by Rule10b5; January 2nd, 2008 at 05:57 PM.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Bedford County)

First one unless the custom shop put a mag well on your gun. Does it have that huge magazine funnel on the bottom of the grip frame?

Mag well grips will work on a standard 1911 and some people like them better. the grips go all the way to the bottom of the frame and cover the mainspring housing pin.

If your gun has a thumb safety on both sides, you want the ambi models. Ambi grips will work fine, and look good on guns without ambi safeties. It's almost impossible to tell unless you look hard from the rear of the gun.

#1 should be your choice, but I would look again before ordering.

Thanks...that's pretty much what I was thinking. I bought it new with no mods...and don't think it has ambi safety but I'll double check tonight. Appreciate all the info.