Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry STATE GAMELAND PIKE CO>DANGEROUS!!!!!!

Me and a friend went to SGL in pike county around 11 a.m. today on the 50 yard range only two couples were shooting, an edlery man and woman we sounded an all clear to check targets,I proceeded downrange and all of one moment the elderly woman started shooting her H&R 22 lr revolver,these two people were obviously locals and my partner shouted to cease fire! while the woman was apolegetic her husband could not pack his gear fast enough to leave in a rush leaving some shooting gear behind,while I am not familiar with this range because of the closure of gouldsboro,I would stress CAUTION at any range,this day could have easily ended in a fatallity.SHOOTERS SHOW MORE CAUTION> As an after note,both individuals were in their mid 60 s , the husband indicated all clear and as I was checking my target my friend indicated this woman just picked up her revolver and proceeded to shoot two targets over from me,as I said the husband packed up fast and left his shooting rest and cushion.I am definitley looking to join a safe shooting club in the N.E.PA.
    Last edited by MARINE DIVISION TWO; November 3rd, 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: STATE GAMELAND PIKE CO>DANGEROUS!!!!!!

That's SGL ranges..........

(Luzerne County)

Nothing new here...

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Montgomery County)

indeed... its happened to me twice at 2 different SGL ranges..
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Allegheny County)

That's why I joined PMSC... being shot at got old.

(Elk County)

Something like this happened to me this summer at our little range in Elk County. Guy unloaded his kid's ruger 10/22 and gave me the all clear. Another shooter on the other side and I got down range about 15 years and his kid puts the magazine back in and starts firing. I was at about a 45 degree angle 20 yards from him and I was grabbing grass in a heartbeat. Kid was about 12 or so. The father yelled at him, but me and the other guy didn't get an apology. I packed up and left after that, didn't need any new and exciting holes in my head.

Also had someones dog run from the skeet range onto the rifle range and wonder around for a couple minutes. Also had a deer come onto the range while I was firing (which I stopped as soon as I saw it) sat there at about 60 yards and milled around for a bit. That is just this year (like to go about every 3 weeks if I can). I guess the point is, if you bring someone to your range who is unfamiliar with the rules you should fill the in before you even pick up a firearm.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT FIRST & FOREMOST View Post
    Me and a friend went to SGL in pike county around 11 a.m. today on the 50 yard range only two couples were shooting, an edlery man and woman we sounded an all clear to check targets,I proceeded downrange and all of one moment the elderly woman started shooting her H&R 22 lr revolver,these two people were obviously locals and my partner shouted to cease fire! while the woman was apolegetic her husband could not pack his gear fast enough to leave in a rush leaving some shooting gear behind,while I am not familiar with this range because of the closure of gouldsboro,I would stress CAUTION at any range,this day could have easily ended in a fatallity.SHOOTERS SHOW MORE CAUTION>
    Yes, I've been to that range several times. I just turn around and leave if there's more than one or two persons there. Too many people lack common sense, which some day, could cost someone their life. Not worth it. It's even worse if there are "out of state" vehicles parked there. As others have suggested, if you plan to do a lot of shooting, you may want to consider a private range. Or do like I did, and buy a fishing rod. A hook in the finger is better than a slug in the back.

(Montgomery County)

SGL ranges are notorious for dangers. However, the situation you described could happen anywhere, even private ranges. Stupid people are everywhere.

Did you get acknowldgement from this woman prior to heading downrange? Perhaps she didn't hear your all clear?
    I always get a nod or verbal ok from everyone prior to heading downrange.

(York County)

the few times I have been to a SGL range I make sure everyone has there weapons down and is in the process of walking to check/change targets before I head out. The one time I do remember a younger kid 19-23 accidently point his gun towards another person while he examined it. He got a stern talking from the man who was endangered by the process and the kid left right afterward. I found it hard not to laugh. This was at the outdoor ranges close to Dillsburg
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Pike County)

I've seen too many similar things at the rrt6 SGL, only go there if i have to. Normally I'll go up to Herberling's, yeah its twice as far than the SGL but its safe.
    Harry(hgsw67)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast