Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Income taxes illegal

As far as I'm concerned, the whole Street clan is as crooked as a three dollar bill, and Milton is a prime example of exploiting nepotism at its worst. However, in his desperate attempt to save his ass now that little brother Johnny can't do anything to help him, he managed to put the long fought issue of income taxes being illegal back into the public eye.

Street jury weighs his fate

For as long as there has been a federal income tax, there have been people who have refused to pay saying it's unconstitutional. Unfortunately no one has been able to successfully win such an argument in court. I heard the Judge's comments on Milty's insistance on being shown what law he's broken, and it's obvious he doesn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole, instructing Street to "answer questions and not give tasks to the prosecutor."

So now there is a paradox. Milton Street is one of the easiest guys in the world to despise, but if he were to actually win this argument, I think I would want to kiss his feet. I know there isn't a snow ball's chance in hell he'll pull it off, but I get this nauseating, dull ache in the back of my head as my brain says "you deserve to rot in jail Mr. Street", yet something in the far recesses of my subconscience is saying "Go Milton!"

Tell me, can this guy really be that bad afterall?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Income taxes illegal

Believe it or not the IRS has lost five or six cases in the last 3 to 4 years.
    People said the income tax was illegal and they won in court when the IRS could not prove that the law was actually legal.

This is why you are seeing the Fair Tax brought up more and more. The old boys club in Washington would go for it like a ham sandwich if it didn't mean a massive loss in their power.

It is only matter of time when the Government loses one too many cases and average tax payer realizes that there are so many legal decisions against the IRS that they just refuse to pay the tax. Then you will see the Fair Tax or something close to it put in the income taxes place.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post

For as long as there has been a federal income tax, there have been people who have refused to pay saying it's unconstitutional. Unfortunately no one has been able to successfully win such an argument in court.
    Not correct.

If you look into it you'd surely be surprised how many folks have won or are not facing charges due to the IRS not pursuing them any longer.

(Chester County)

Just quoting the article, I didn't google every court case to verify it. Sue me

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Just quoting the article, I didn't google every court case to verify it. Sue me
    Ah... didn't see any quotes " "

(Chester County)

nevermind.
    Last edited by str8shooter; February 20th, 2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: just cuz

(Tioga County)

not again!

(Allegheny County)

I am all for saying that taxes are unconstitutional, but alas, there are alot of things now-a-days that the gub-ment does that are not constitutional.

I see on the IRS web site that there is a delay in my tax return processing, since I am expecting a decent return, I call them to find out the delay. They tell me they have no tax return on file for me for 2002! Well that didn't hold up my return last year so no idea why it did this year. So they explain that they will send me the info they have on file for me and if there is no dispute in the info I can use that info to file a 2002 return (they are of course holding my 2007 return till I file that).

So I ask them "Nice, well I wasn't making as much back then so I will likely be due a refund for that year as well, would that refund be including in the same deposit as my 2007" IRS:"No sir there is a 3 year statute of limitations on a refund, so if you would have been due a refund you will not receive one" ME: "So if I owed, is that also in the statute of limitations?" IRS:"No sir you would still owe the tax" ME:"I love the US Government, Who's working for who?"

(Chester County)

I despise taxes just as much as anyone possibly could. But the fact that there's a Constitutional Amendment granting the federal government the power to tax income, I have a hard time believing its unconstitutional.

I think where people win their cases against the IRS are very specific sections of code within the tax system and not a broad generality saying taxes are unconstitutional.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Not correct.

If you look into it you'd surely be surprised how many folks have won or are not facing charges due to the IRS not pursuing them any longer.
    I would be interested to see links to cases where the IRS lost based on the income tax being ruled illegal. Them not wasting time and effort on collecting a few bucks is one thing but a court agreeing to the argument is another.

For the record I think taxing ones work is as immoral as was slavery. But both at one time were "legal".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast