Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Sheriff sent reminder

My Sheriff was nice enough to send reminder that LTCF would run out in Sept.Does everyone elses do this?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Sheriff sent reminder

Quote Originally Posted by DougX View Post
    My Sheriff was nice enough to send reminder that LTCF would run out in Sept.Does everyone elses do this?
    They are required to by law per 18PCS6109(f)(2)

At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DougX View Post
    yes, sheriff Chad Reiner Northumberland county does, have to give him credit too. He makes it very easy to renew or to apply and receive the first one. From reading on this forum he seems to be an exemption, wish all sheriffs could be this way,would make life a lot easier.

(Wayne County)

Since I'm still on my first license. Is the renewal process any quicker? I know they do another backround check etc. Just didn't know if it would be a good 60 days until then.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Tioga County)

Here in Tioga County they send the reminder and when you go to the courthouse to renew it, it only takes about 15 minutes. When I renewed mine just this past spring they did the background check while I was having my picture taken so Tioga County is one of the good ones.

(Northumberland County)

same here in northumberland co. Went in sheriff was there, he said hi to me and left, the girls behind the counter did the check and I was out in 15 minutes. {did'nt get my picture put on it, do'nt have to legal without it and saved a few bucks.] I believe from what I hear around the forum that it depends on how the sheriff operates. One thing to remember The sheriff is elected to his office, and if he does'nt do right there is always the ballot box on election day!

(Mifflin County)

What's everyone's reminders like? Mifflin County, it's just a postcard announcing to your mailman and anyone else who may see your mail that you have a "License to carry" that's about to expire......

Renewal process was the same as when I first applied, even though the Sheriff is different. Drop off application one day, get picture taken that day, go in the next day and sign and pick up LTCF. Paid $5 notary fee when dropping off application, then the $24.50 license fee when you pick it up.

I didnt get a renewal notice for my now expired ltcf (York County Sheriff). I did get a notice for my previous renewal. But then again, I can't remember if I notified them of my address change beforehand.

(Cambria County)

They sent me a letter and renewel form.It went up from $19 to $35 but they do your picture and give you your LTCF before you leave.