Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default NYC to ban Ipods in crosswalks

And you thought in NY they had already banned everything you could think of.....Think again!

http://ilounge.com/index.php/news/co...ipod-oblivion/

In an attempt to help stop pedestrian accidents, New York Senator Carl Kruger is proposing a law to ban iPods and cells phones while crossing city streets. Kruger’s legislation, which will be introduced in Albany today, will slap pedestrians with a $100 fine if they are caught crossing the street with their earbuds in—what Kruger calls iPod oblivion. “We’re talking about people walking sort of tuned in and in the process of being tuned in, tuned out,” Kruger said. “Tuned out to the world around them. They’re walking into speeding cars. They’re walking into buses. They’re walking into one another and it’s creating a number of fatalities that have been documented right here in the city.”
    I'm curious, how many laws there are in NYC as compared to any city in PA. They seem to create a law "in the name of safety" for everything.

Default Re: NYC to ban Ipods in crosswalks

The idea of any police officer attempting to enforce such a law is ridiculously funny.

Next up on the to-ban list for NYC:
    -Trans-fats...We're from the government, and we are here to keep you from being fat...oh wait
    -Walking...you might trip.
    -Breathing...because breathing polluted air is bad for your health. Simple solution, no breathing.
    -Looking up...a pigeon might crap in your eye.
    -Working...may cause stress and anxiety.

They might as well legalize all legitimite crimes, then there would be no crime in NYC...WALA crime problem solved.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    -Breathing...because breathing polluted air is bad for your health. Simple solution, no breathing.

I was thinking alnog the same line, air contains bacteria, mold spores viruses and other microbs that are proven hazardous to the heath. as such only pure O2 in bottles may be used. Of course now We can tax the very air you breath, so that's a double win for our fair city. What do you expect of a city that was willingly occupied durring the Revolution, that way they could play both sides, and side with the winner.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    What do you expect of a city that was willingly occupied durring the Revolution, that way they could play both sides, and side with the winner.
    Amazing how little has changed in that city in the past two hundred and thirty-one years, isn't it.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Philadelphia County)

Tuned out to the world around them. They’re walking into speeding cars. They’re walking into buses. They’re walking into one another and it’s creating a number of fatalities that have been documented right here in the city.
    Please let evolution do its work. If you are dumb enough to walk into a car because you are listening to your IPOD, you do not deserve to pass down your genes to future generations.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    The idea of any police officer attempting to enforce such a law is ridiculously funny.

Next up on the to-ban list for NYC:
    -Trans-fats...We're from the government, and we are here to keep you from being fat...oh wait
    -Walking...you might trip.
    -Looking up...a pigeon might crap in your eye.
    -Working...may cause stress and anxiety.

They might as well legalize all legitimite crimes, then there would be no crime in NYC...WALA crime problem solved.

You do know they banned those right? The rest of your list I know is a joke, but they actually did ban trans fats. Started the last month i think? McDonalds had to change their fries

Just the city, not the whole state

(Centre County)

Ipods are like bleach in the water for the gene pool!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    You do know they banned those right? The rest of your list I know is a joke, but they actually did ban trans fats. Started the last month i think? McDonalds had to change their fries

I think they banned them last month, but there is an 8 months grace period to comply.
    You called down the thunder, well now you've got it!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post

Total coincidence, I had NO idea!

please note: "...oh wait" in my original post. Thanks for watching my back Delta.

(Lebanon County)

If an illegal immigrant doesn't run you over, your ipod sure will. NYC is just flooded with illegals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast