Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Knob Creek - End of an Era (maybe)

I thought you meant the bourbon.....whooooosh.

(Allegheny County)

I always wanted to go but something always came up.

I think we need a pafoa bus trip.

I nominate EM to make the arrangements.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    We would need a WHOLE lot more land and we are working on that.
    PLEASE recreate the festival of guns that is the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in SW PA or nearby. I will be first to sign up to work.

I’ve been to the fall Knob Creek shoot 3 times. There is certainly no other gun show and atmosphere like it. I will be attending this last one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    PLEASE recreate the festival of guns that is the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in SW PA or nearby. I will be first to sign up to work.

I*ve been to the fall Knob Creek shoot 3 times. There is certainly no other gun show and atmosphere like it. I will be attending this last one.
    Shooters Gauntlet does it twice a year in NE PA, on their 1100 acre facility - https://www.shootersgauntlet.com. At the shoot 2 weeks ago (June 5-6), in relation to some exotics, there were 5 miniguns, a quad 50, and an Oerlikon. Unlike the Creek, where virtually no one allows attendees to rent, pretty much everything at Shooters Gauntlet is rentable. There are also other shooting experiences available, like their assault hike, 1500 yard range, zip line, inversion wall,...etc
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Rumor floating around the web for the past few days appears to be true, that Knob Creek Machine Gun Events are coming to an end this October.

Just read this online at: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/8270085284

"Just heard back from Knob Creek…..they said yes, this is the last year. Getting tired, older, insurance, nobody wants to work anymore. So guess it’s true."

Never made it down there myself and this last one will be crazy busy, but think I'll go down as a spectator. The videos that come out of there are just amazing. If you never heard of it, just YouTube Search "Knob Creek Machine Gun"

That is smile worthy. I could swear I heard some brrrrrtttttt there for quite a while.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Shooters Gauntlet does it twice a year in NE PA, on their 1100 acre facility - https://www.shootersgauntlet.com. At the shoot 2 weeks ago (June 5-6), in relation to some exotics, there were 5 miniguns, a quad 50, and an Oerlikon. Unlike the Creek, where virtually no one allows attendees to rent, pretty much everything at Shooters Gauntlet is rentable. There are also other shooting experiences available, like their assault hike, 1500 yard range, zip line, inversion wall,...etc
    I plan on checking out that event.

I go more to shop than to shoot or watch shooting, which is still cool and all. There is no better gun show than the Knob Creek shows. That is the part I want to see re-created.

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    I've been to shooters gauntlet, the firing line is more spectator friendly for sure but the lack of vendors (except for the first year) really limits activities for the casual visitor. Plus being so far out in BFE with no other attractions nearby (compared to knobcreek) will always hurt attendance.

(Allegheny County)

A big shame. I was stationed at Ft. Knox in the mid-80s and my wife and I had the chance to go to several of the shoots back then. My wife even worked a table for the owner of the range that we used to shoot at in Louisville - Ray's Indoor Range, at one of the weekend shoots.

She still recalls one year they were at the end of the shoot and had run out of targets, a guy tossed the keys to his Caddy to one of the Knob Creek guys and said - use it - my wife is going to try to get it in the divorce.

Again this was a long time ago, and from what I have read and heard, it has really gotten bigger over the years - to include a 2x a year shoot.

I guess everything has its time...
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I've been to shooters gauntlet, the firing line is more spectator friendly for sure but the lack of vendors (except for the first year) really limits activities for the casual visitor. Plus being so far out in BFE with no other attractions nearby (compared to knobcreek) will always hurt attendance.
    There's going to be a whole new vendor area either at the September shoot, or, at the latest, the next June shoot. Also, being in nowhere's land allows them to do stuff that can't be done elsewhere. When you're close to others, you end up getting shutdown
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Washington County)

Do you know if their goal is to have just business vendors or more of a gun show atmosphere?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast