Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dinner at Starlite, or, Scaring the MA People

It has been a while since I have had a Starlite dining episode worthy of posting, but tonight's dinner made the cut. After dropping our little Plinkette off at her college class, Mrs. Plinker and I began our date night, going to the Starlite for dinner. As we were walking in, a PSP cruiser pulled up and a uniformed trooper entered the diner as well. I have encountered many troopers there, and every time it has been good, but each new encounter carries the seeds of a confrontation with someone not well versed in the law of the land.

We were seated in such a way that my big fat right hip with my SIG Sauer P220 was sticking right out in the main aisle going down past the counter, and it is there that the trooper chose to eat his repast. (I'll be you didn't know they had repast on the menu, did you?) Seated directly behind me was a couple from Massachusetts. I know that because they were loud enough that Mrs. Plinker, who was facing them, could hear their conversation with the waitress regarding their travel to their home state. They had a clear view of my back as well as my side (but not my backside). I was sporting my PAFOA eastern PA shoot T shirt, which has an enormous pistol on the back. It is even more enormous on my 4XLT back than for you regular guys.

So I sat watching the cop, who was busy watching me. I figure he had to be watching me, since he looked me in the eye approximately 138 times, and he had to turn his head about 100 degrees or so to do so. My SIG P220 was out in the aisle remember, and in clear view from his seat. But, he did not bother me in any way other than to keep looking at me. Mrs. Plinker told me that the people from Mass were very concerned, and spent a good deal of time looking scared and looking at my gun. I can just imagine their quandry. Here they are sitting in a restaurant with some "thug" with a gun right next to them. Not only that, help was only a few seats away in the form of a state trooper! But the cop didn't care! What could possibly be wrong with him!?! What is this, Texas!?! It must have been a very surreal experience for them, with the cop sitting there, the waitresses and hostess talking to us, the owner walking about, and on top of it all a magician who is there every Tuesday night. And no one saw the great big evil black gun but them! Maybe they were in Wonderland!

They were the first ones to leave, and were probably glad to be out the door before the shooting started. As for the officer, he spent some time after his dinner talking with the owner for a few minutes, shared a few jokes at which both laughed uproariously, and then left. Then we left. And that was all there was to that. I am sure those people will be glad to get back to Mass, where only cops and bad guys have guns, and people don't trot them out in the open for all to see.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Dinner at Starlite, or, Scaring the MA People

Shame on you Mr. Plinker. How dare you remind residents of birthplace of the revolution that we still enjoy the same rights our forefathers fought to secure for us. You are a very bad man, Mr. Plinker. I'm surpirsed you didn't rub salt in the wound by asking the waitress for hot tea, boston party blend, loud enough for them to hear. You, sir, are a trouble maker.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Lehigh County)

The past employees from the now defunct MTS has been having their quarterly breakfasts there and the Anthracite Brittany of which I am a member has their meetings there plus I stop occasionally on my own, so it's not that I have never seen the rather large menu but what the hell is repast?That went sailing right over my head Pennsy. What is it? Is it actually on the menu? I think I've been had.

Good job on sending the MA people away concerned for their safety. After all we don't need them moving here and then wanting to change everything so it's like MA. We already have enough of that from NJ and NY. Not you mikey.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Shame on you Mr. Plinker. How dare you remind residents of birthplace of the revolution that we still enjoy the same rights our forefathers fought to secure for us. You are a very bad man, Mr. Plinker. I'm surpirsed you didn't rub salt in the wound by asking the waitress for hot tea, boston party blend, loud enough for them to hear. You, sir, are a trouble maker.
    Your just now figuring that out?

(Lehigh County)

What was your repast? Did you leave a tip? When is breakfast served? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Luzerne County)

...always looking for a confrontation, that Pennsy guy

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Wayne County)

I just want to know where there's a diner that has a resident magician!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    How dare you remind residents of birthplace of the revolution that we still enjoy the same rights our forefathers fought to secure for us.
    IMHO those great patriots would be ashamed to call themselves citizens of Massachusetts if they saw the populace today. Hell, I'm sure most of our forefathers in every state would feel the same.

In any event, good on 'ya Pennsy.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Having just been over at Bill's after work today, to check out his new phone , I should have known he would be out causing trouble, as soon as I left. I seem to bring that out of people for some reason.

As alway's, great story!! Can you guy's really blame me for hanging out with this guy?

Oh and 1iarrowking, thanks for not grouping me in with all the rif-raf moving here from NJ and NY.

(Allegheny County)

Good one. Does anyone else find it funny that back in the day OC'ing was the polite thing to do? As I understand that was the same in Japanese society a while ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast