Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Four Seasons Sport Shop, Jim Thorpe

This past saturday a fellow pafoa member and myself went to the gunshow at split rock. We decided that after the show we could go shooting at the SGL in Jim Thorpe to get ready for the upcoming deer season. Upon leaving the gun show we both realized we both forgot our ear protection and decided to go into the town and go to the local shop to get a pair of throw aways. We walked into the Four Seasons and this old man sat behind the counter and didn't even ask if he could help us as we walked in, fine I don't like to be hassled anyway. Upon walkin around the store *which took no lie 2 minutes* we could not find ear plugs. We walked up to the counter and asked the old man if he sold ear plugs and he said yup right here and there was no more. Fine I understand that sometimes you run out of product to sell, especially in a po-dunk little town in a sports shop that has 10 brown rifles and 3 handguns and a starter pistol. I asked the man if he knew were the SGL was and his first response was "Do you have a car?" in a really sarcastic way. My first thought was no a-hole i walked here but I decided to be a decent young man and said yes. He then gave us directions to the SGL and we found it easy enough. My point being there was no need to be an old D-bag in life, you run a crappy store in the middle of no where and then your gonna be a sarcastic sob? I will never ever return to that store ever again.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Four Seasons Sport Shop, Jim Thorpe

It was my second and last time in the shop. That old man should have tried wiping off the drool pooling at the corners of his mouth and dripping down his chin before opening up shop. I guess he doesn't care about himself or his customers. Most unfriendly service I've ever received in a gun shop, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

maybe it was because both of you are younger?? Maybe he is one of those damn kids type of person who thinks everyone our age is out to destroy the world with our generation kill attitude, lack of schooling and selfish ways?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    maybe it was because both of you are younger?? Maybe he is one of those damn kids type of person who thinks everyone our age is out to destroy the world with our generation kill attitude, lack of schooling and selfish ways?
    Don't know don't care. We both dress like decent human beings and are polite and respectful. If he wants to be a dick to every young person that walks through the door then so be it, his loss.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    No that has nothing to do with it. I walked in there with my wife during the summer and we were treated like shit. This man is just down right nasty to anyone. And I am no youngster, I am over 50.

(Schuylkill County)

That place ia a dump, There used to be a tall skinny guy that ran the place, dont know what happened to him though, I think his name was Jim, not sure though. this guy the old guy is a scum and he should just close up.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    That place ia a dump, There used to be a tall skinny guy that ran the place, dont know what happened to him though, I think his name was Jim, not sure though. this guy the old guy is a scum and he should just close up.
    He had about 3 revolvers and the same 8 or 9 rifles that were there when I went in last winter. I can't figure out how a guy like that would stay in business with nothing to sell and unfriendly service.

When he snidely asked us if we had driven to his shop in a car, I thought to myself, "no, we walked all the way out here from effort to see if you had any disposable ear plugs".

(Carbon County)

Answer for everyone, yes the old man is cranky just about all the time.
    Brian Herman is the owner of the establishment and his 6 foot seven and hard to miss. Brian probably was at the bank or otherwise elsewhere. He spends most days at the shop from monday thru saturday. 10 am thru 6pm sometimes 5pm. saturday till 2 pm. Brian is very knowlegeble about archery, fishing and he does have many long rifles on consignment there, most of the firearms in the case have prices set by the consignee, which in my opinion are too high even when the market was good. he typically only takes a very small fee for consignment. He has a large selection of fishing worms and a few smattering of other things. I don't think he carries the ear plugs.
    Advice: Shoot Straight and Shoot Often
    Favorite Weapon: Sig Sauer EL220
    Other Interests: Billiards

(Schuylkill County)

Thank you, yes his Name is Brian, it's been so long since I was in the shop, That I forgot his name.

Yes Jcabin, the inventiory never changes, and even his prices are to high not just the consignments.

All the things jeeves has stated is fine but it doesnt remove from the fact that the place is a dump, the old man should be at home with his feet in the oven, and was very rude to customers, with a smart ass attitude.

there are alot of people who will read this and never set foot in there because of this.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    there are alot of people who will read this and never set foot in there because of this.
    That's the power of the Internet for consumers. Count me in as someone who won't be stopping at this store any time soon. Having an attitude right out of the gate is inexcusible. In a store setting, where anyone walking through the door could be making a purchase, that just boggles my mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast