Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default G.I. Joe Bastardization!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/815/815454p1.html

"G.I. Joe is now a Brussels-based outfit that stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, an international co-ed force of operatives who use hi-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer. The property is closer in tone to X-Men and James Bond than a war film."....

So why the changes? Hasbro and Paramount execs recently spoke about the challenges of marketing a film about the U.S. military at a time when the current U.S. administration and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are at a low-point in global polls. When a studio makes a film as expensive as G.I. Joe will likely be, they want to know that as many people as possible around the world will want to see it. In other words, G.I. Joe -- "A Real American Hero" -- is a tough sell.
    I really try to keep my language clean on this forum..

but fuck 'em.

Screw this movie, and screw Hasbro and Paramount.

I dont know about you, but Im a child of the '80s, and I grew up with GI JOE, He-Man, Transformers and TNMT, and this news is blasphemy.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Default Re: G.I. Joe Bastardization!

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

but fuck 'em.

I dont know about you, but Im a child of the '80s, and I grew up with GI JOE, He-Man, Transformers and TNMT, and this news is blasphemy.
    Damn skippy, we need Voltron to go slice this horrible monstrosity of a movie in half!!
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

but fuck 'em.

Man, why don't they just cut off his balls then. That sucks. While they're at it, they're going to make them all gay too, aren't they? (No offense to any gays out there, I have friends that are, but it seems like they try and do that a lot nowadays.)

Why can't they leave our childhood alone!!!

Bill AND Petra

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Highlander View Post

Bill AND Petra
    Damn Skippy!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Highlander View Post
    Man, why don't they just cut off his balls then. That sucks. While they're at it, they're going to make them all gay too, aren't they? (No offense to any gays out there, I have friends that are, but it seems like they try and do that a lot nowadays.)

Bill AND Petra
    I hate to state the obvious, and I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this is for those who've not connected the dots up till now. This is proof that Hollywood and the Limousine Liberals don't want our children to have Hero, or God, they want the worship and idolization others worked for (in the case of true Heros) to be given to them for their "Hard Work" in entertaining. In other words they hate the competition, knowing that they are not real men and women, and have nothing worth idolizing, looking up to, and really don't know what self-sacrifice is. Everything that made America great (Self-Sufficiency, Hard work, self-discipline, personal responsibility) is Bad, and detracts from their 30 second sound bites. If people realized they can live with out movies and the boob tube, they couldn't command million dollar salaries, and say they're better than you. They're not like the stars of yore who went off to work, knew what the Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen did first hand. Today's stars are spoiled pampered non-producing leaches who preach to us to change our ways, while they live in over overindulgent lives. I guess I have a letter to write to Hazbro, and the others. In the words of Bender from Futuroma, the can bite my shiny metal A.. !

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Damn skippy, we need Voltron to go slice this horrible monstrosity of a movie in half!!
    Then once Voltron is done, we need to use the Wave Motion Gun on the Yamato on whats left of it.. If there are any pieces of that movie that do survive the WMG, the Macross can clean them up.

lol
    Last edited by knight0334; September 10th, 2007 at 12:57 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Perry County)

Ah...a Star Blazers reference. That was my twin brother's favorite when we were growing up.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Jefferson County)

Yeppers.. And the Macross would be refering to Robotech.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here that knows of those shows.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Beaver County)

<<<< In other words, G.I. Joe -- "A Real American Hero" -- is a tough sell.>>>

Excuse me??? A real American Hero is a tough sell???? as the PROUD mother of a US infantry soldier who is currently sweating his b@lls off in the sandbox this statement infuriates me.

He is MY real American Hero as are the thousands of other men and women doing the dirty work that other pansy-@ss cowards won't. Wow it is hard for me to not just really fly off the handle here and let go with a whole stream of cussing. I hope this stupid weenie pile of crap movie bombs.
    Vicky

(Delaware County)

He is MY real American Hero as are the thousands of other men and women doing the dirty work that other pansy-@ss cowards won't. Wow it is hard for me to not just really fly off the handle here and let go with a whole stream of cussing. I hope this stupid weenie pile of crap movie bombs.[/QUOTE]

I second that. The real deal is the American hero.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast