Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Cabela's / Bass Pro ... Mossberg Shockwave prohibited??

I have been waiting for the Mossberg Shockwave to become available again for shipping at Cabela's / Bass Pro as I have some GCs I want to use for it. It finally came back in stock, but now they're not permitting it to be shipped to PA. I can pick stores in a myriad of other states all around the country, but when I choose PA (or any anti-2A state) I get an error: "We're sorry, one or more firearm(s) is not available to ship to the store you selected." I contacted Cabela's corporate and was told they can't ship it to a PA store. They can't tell me why; they just said the system doesn't allow it. What the heck? Anyone have any insight on this one?

Default Re: Cabela's / Bass Pro ... Mossberg Shockwave prohibited??

Sounds like incompetence. Buddy has one. And I picked up some similar firearms. They just had to be transferred with a pistol form as per the ffl who wasn't sure, and contacted the state police for guidance. I wasn't crazy about that, but it got me the guns.
    iAnal

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    I have been waiting for the Mossberg Shockwave to become available again for shipping at Cabela's / Bass Pro as I have some GCs I want to use for it. It finally came back in stock, but now they're not permitting it to be shipped to PA. I can pick stores in a myriad of other states all around the country, but when I choose PA (or any anti-2A state) I get an error: "We're sorry, one or more firearm(s) is not available to ship to the store you selected." I contacted Cabela's corporate and was told they can't ship it to a PA store. They can't tell me why; they just said the system doesn't allow it. What the heck? Anyone have any insight on this one?
    I just got another Cabela's gift card for father's day and adding it to the others I have and points I have enough to buy one. Sucks.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Sounds like incompetence. Buddy has one. And I picked up some similar firearms. They just had to be transferred with a pistol form as per the ffl who wasn't sure, and contacted the state police for guidance. I wasn't crazy about that, but it got me the guns.
    Really treated it like a Pistol? I bought mine brand new year ago and it was just the standard long gun form if i remember correctly.
    IANAL

(Washington County)

The PSP (I think?) put out guidance some time ago instructing FFLs to transfer shockwave style shotguns like handguns.

I'm sure some FFLs didn't get the memo.

Just buy the shockwave somewhere else and buy ammo from Cabela's. Nothing else you can really do.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

They are likely adhering to one or more illegal gun laws enacted by Philly or Pittsburgh.

That was the reason they (Bass Pro) would not ship ammo to me many years ago.
    Didn't matter that I don't live within the Pittsburgh city limits (I live in a neighboring municipality), my postal address comes up as "Pittsburgh".
    No can sell.

I haven't bought a thing from them since.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE]...[live in a neighboring municipality), my postal address comes up as "Pittsburgh"./QUOTE]

That is something a human holding the customer service position should be able to accommodate. Damned frustrating. I know of a similar situation that happened in Florida. Streets were renamed and postal zones were reassigned. A gentleman received notice from his insurance that the premium was going way up. The explanation...his postal zone. He pleaded that he had not moved, et cetera. No matter. He contacted the state's insurance commission and it was properly adjusted.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Bass pro wouldn't ship me ammo a few years ago because i lived to close to philly. They let me place the order, but then canceled it.
    iAnal

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=Bang;4914733]
    ...[live in a neighboring municipality), my postal address comes up as "Pittsburgh"./QUOTE]

That is something a human holding the customer service position should be able to accommodate. Damned frustrating. I know of a similar situation that happened in Florida. Streets were renamed and postal zones were reassigned. A gentleman received notice from his insurance that the premium was going way up. The explanation...his postal zone. He pleaded that he had not moved, et cetera. No matter. He contacted the state's insurance commission and it was properly adjusted.
    I spoke to a human. That's how I know WHY they would not ship it to me.
    They aren't going to take the risk.

Not sure why my zip code is considered "Pittsburgh", but it is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

[QUOTE=Emptymag;4914739]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

I spoke to a human. That's how I know WHY they would not ship it to me.
    They aren't going to take the risk.

Not sure why my zip code is considered "Pittsburgh", but it is.
    I think that's really common. Your local PO zip only seems to matter for final delivery. Maybe it's the connection to a larger USPS distribution point, like Pittsburgh, Philly, etc. I'm not in Reading, but some of my stuff comes with a Reading city name and my correct (non-Reading) zip code.

So you get lumped in with the city.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast