Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Kahr PM9 (blackened slide) for your MK9

I'd like to trade my Kahr PM9 for an MK9.

My PM9 had 120 rounds through it and the barrel started to look weird. You can read about it here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1151575. I sent it in for repair and I got it back from Kahr on Friday. They replaced the entire slide assembly and barrel - the only thing that isn't brand new on the gun is the frame.

I took it to the range today and sent 200 rounds through it to check it for reliability before I traded it. The last thing I would want to do is to trade away an unproven gun and pass off my problems to someone else. You can check all of my other classifieds ads and such, I always try to represent everything about the gun that could influence someone's choice, good and bad. My conscience wouldn't allow otherwise.

I had already decided to try and trade it - I guess I just want a heavier gun. My J-frame is all steel and I like the extra weight in my hand while shooting. The PM9 shoot straight as an arrow, all 200 rounds went right where I told them to. I was shooting this thing out to 50 feet like it was a full size pistol. The recoil really isn't bad at all, it's less than my J-frame (.38) for sure. it's a nice shooter.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the balance is a bit forward of where I am used to. I usually carry a K9, the steel framed Kahr one size up from this one, and I'm used to more weight in the butt of the gun. I would rather have the MK9 for its similarities to my K9.

I hope there is someone out there who just bought an MK9 but thinks it's too heavy!

Mine:
    Kahr PM9, newest production (serial IA23XX)
    Blackened stainless steel slide
    Regular sights
    frame has around 320 rounds on it
    barrel and slide have 200 break-in rounds through it, flawless operation except for failing to lock back on empty 3-4 times the first few mags - hasn't happened since.
    No FTF, FTE, ever, even before it went back. No hiccups ever. Flawless function and totally reliable and accurate.
    Feeds everything so far (speer gold-dot, remington ball), can even slingshot the slide for the first round.
    I detail stripped the slide and cleaned all the little guts, lubed it with Weapon Shield.
    This gun looks newer than some you'd see in display cases. Great finish on the gun. The only marks to speak of are on the sights where it looks like they drifted them off my old slide and pit them on this one. You really have to look for it. There are also some minor superficial scratches on the bottom of the flush-fit magazine.
    2 Mags (one flush 6 rounder and one 7-round with pinky extension) and original box with all papers and trigger lock incl.
    Hogue handall Jr included, installed and trimmed to fit. this thing is great for the grip.

This is basically a brand-new gun that's already been proven (peace of mind that you're buying a good gun) and broken in ($70 worth of ammo you don't have to shoot).

What I'm looking for:
    Kahr MK9
    Low-ish round count, sub 500 range, a little over that is OK.
    Elite or regular, night sights or regular, it doesn't matter to me. If your gun has a significantly higher MSRP than mine (like night sites and the elite '03 package) we can work something out with cash going your way, or maybe I'll pay your transfer fee or something.
    new production, please
    Flawless operation since break-in rounds, no lemons or bad guns please. Mine is reliable and shoots flawlessly, I'd like the same in return
    Basically an almost-new MK9 that functions flawlessly.

My PM9 is a fine, fine gun and I'd be happy to keep it if the right MK9 doesn't come along. I'm willing to bet that there's someone out there who kind of wishes they bought the lighter gun, though.

I want to do the transfer face to face with a PA resident. I'm in Philly, but I can drive to you if you'd like, up to like an hour or so away. Transfers can be a little pricey in the city anyway.

Let me know what you have and where you are and I'll get back to you. Thanks for looking!

If anyone wants me to I'll drag out the camera and take pictures, but the gun looks great, the barrel looks new. Here are some pictures from Kahr's site:

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kahr PM9 (blackened slide) for your MK9

Three day bump

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kahr PM9 (blackened slide) for your MK9

bumping it again. This PM9 is in outstanding shape.