Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Gun Review: Glock 33

I thought it would be a nice idea to share some experience with others in regards to some of the guns that I carry/shoot.
    For those that may not know, the Glock 33 is the subcompact glock in .357sig. I like the .357sig because of its velocity and reports/statistics I have read thru in regards to it's 'real world' use.
    I have owned this Glock for over a year and carry it occasionally and train with it frequently. Operation is like any other Glock....that is to say, no external safety and is basically a 'point and shoot' handgun. In over 1500 rounds fired thru this gun, I have never had a single malfunction or misfire of any sort. I have fired all types of ammo thru it from WWB to Gold Dot. Never a hickup.
    I consider this to be a very nice carry gun. It fits just about anywhere you want to put it....IWB or OWB. It has ease of operation. (After all, it is a Glock) And, for me, I prefer the .357sig round.
    On the downside of things.....this handgun is so light that the snappy .357sig round is quite a handful to manipulate and control. When I compared my Glock 33 to my Glock 27, the 33 had a very distinctive sound and snappy recoil. The Glock 27 (.40S&W) is still a handful but not as much as the 33. I found the .357sig to be just a bit more accurate at 15yrds from a bench rest than the .40S&W. Both groups were EXTREMELY good....just that the .357 was a bit (1/8") better.
    Anyway...there you have it. Strictly my opinion but wanted to share it with anyone here who may be thinking of purchasing a new handgun.

John

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Gun Review: Glock 33

I wondered how the 357 sig recoil would be out of the glock... its not a very spoken about round and when I've shot it in the past it was not enjoyable... the recoil was extremly sharp out of the Sig I was shooting.

It makes a .40 seem pleasant to shoot... but you can't argue the results... the ballistics on it are insane.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    It makes a .40 seem pleasant to shoot... but you can't argue the results... the ballistics on it are insane.
    That is what really made me look hard at the .357sig. It isn't 'horrible' to shoot....but definitly something that if you spent the day putting a few hundred rounds thru......you may want to invest in some Advil.

(Blair County)

Nice idea John. Wish more people would put a "review" of their handguns on the forum.

I purchased a Glock 31 and a Glock 33 several years ago because I love the ballistics of the .357 Sig.

For the G31 I purchased an extended & ported 9mm barrel, a C-More red dot system and an Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion kit.

I played with that pistol a lot, then put it back to factory configuration and was happier with it that way.

Just realized a couple three weeks ago that I have never fired my G33. Guess I owe it to the pistol to shoot the damn thing someday.

You are correct, the .357 Sig is snappy and LOUD.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    That is what really made me look hard at the .357sig. It isn't 'horrible' to shoot....but definitly something that if you spent the day putting a few hundred rounds thru......you may want to invest in some Advil.
    Nah it isn't "horrible" I'd rather put 200 rounds through a .357Sig then I would my 8mm w/ metal butt plate but it isn't what I would call a "pleasant shooting experience"

It will definately solve a problem in a hurry though.

Have you had any experience with the SF versions of the Glocks? I meant to take a look at one when I went to Cabelas but never got around to it.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

I have not had the opportunity to shoot any SF Glocks, but I did get the oportunity to handle one extensively. All I can say is that they feel EXTREMELY good in the hand.
    I am not really a 'Glock' guy. I own several because I think they are good, reliable handguns. The subcompacts simply disapear when you CCW with them. Having said that....the pointability of the Glock 30SF was just outstanding.

I just don't care for the 'asthetics' of the Glock....but then again, it really ain't about how pretty a handgun is.

(Bucks County)

John,

Are you shooting your G27 and G33 with stock magazine baseplates, grip extensions or longer mags?

I've got Scherer grip extenions on my G27 mags and Pierce on my G29. I can't shoot a pistol well if there's no place to put my pinky.

Someday I'd like to shoot a G33 with grips extensions to compare it to my G27 and G29.

(York County)

I have the Scherer extentions on mine. I doubt I could really control the G33 without having that extention there for my pinky. Double taps would be all over the place.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I have the Scherer extentions on mine. I doubt I could really control the G33 without having that extention there for my pinky. Double taps would be all over the place.
    Sounds like my G29. I've met a couple of guys that claim they can still shoot well with their pinky unsupported, but I'm not one of them.

Thanks for the info a nice review.

(Chester County)

Nice review. They're nice little guns; sort of a modern and improved K frame snubbie.

One thing to note with the compact and subcompact .357 Sig Glocks though: check the integrity of the locking block, and the locking block pin, from time to time.

I had a Glock 32 (now sold) that shattered the locking block, and then cracked the locking block pin. .357 is a hot round, so I'm not terribly surprised (I don't recall the round count, but it was well used), and it could have been a flaw in the block itself. Once I replaced the block and the pin, the issue did not reoccur.

The cool part, though, is that the gun didn't malfunction, even with a shattered block and broken pin. I must have run through a good 75 rounds with it broken. I didn't even realize it had happened until I took the gun apart for cleaning. Typical Glock; and just one of the reasons why I love the brand/design.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast