Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Benchrests

(Perry County)

Default Benchrests

What do you guys use for benchrests?

I have a benchrest I got from Cabela's like this that I use sometimes and I also have a sandbag deal, like this, with a sandbag rear rest.

I tend to like the sandbag deal best since it is easier to adjust, but at the range i go to (at the 50 yd bench) I can never get the front low enough of th back high enough, so I usually just use the front for the fore end and hold the butt stock against my shoulder.

I also find that I find it very difficult to hold the gun still, even if i can use both rests. Is there a rest that you can lock the gun in position so you actually get accurate results?

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Benchrests

http://www.bestlabdeals.com/LABORATO..._p/usmp108.htm

I have an old Lab Jack that loks something like this. I don't have a clue where it came from, but I put a small sandbag on top of it and I'm good to go.

I put the stock at a comfortable hight at my shoulder and turn the screw until the front of the rifle is where it needs to be.

It is fully adjustable to whatever hight you need and really solid.

(York County)

I know a few people who have used this one, but it is heavy for one. Once set up really no complaints. It is not something that you want to set up if you are just firing a few rounds IMO. Nice for hard hitting rifles.

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Luzerne County)

I have an outers rest. I have used a lead sled also. I built an adjustable rest for handguns. I also use a shooting stick that looks like a cane.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.