Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Murtha Says He'd Take Guantanamo Prisoners in His District

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ners-district/

I can't even WTF this I'm dumbfounded

Murtha Says He'd Take Guantanamo Prisoners in His District

Rep. Jack Murtha volunteers to house prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in his Pennsylvania district, as President Obama prepares to order the shut-down of the facility.
    By Chad Pergram

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jack Murtha, D-Pa., says he'd be willing to house prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in his congressional district if President Obama makes good on a plan to close the U.S. prison there.

As one of his first acts in office, the president circulated a draft Wednesday that would shut down Guantanamo Bay within a year.

Murtha only has a minimum security prison in his district. But he says he'd have no reservations about holding detainees there in a maximum security prison.

"Sure, I'd take 'em," said Murtha, an outspoken critic of the Iraq war. "They're no more dangerous in my district than in Guantanamo."

Murtha added that there was "no reason not to put 'em in prisons in the United States and handle them the way they would handle any other prisoners."

But that idea disturbs House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.

"Most communities around America don't want dangerous terrorists imported into their neighborhoods," Boehner said in a statement.

"The key question is where do you put these terrorists?" Boehner asked.

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, is introducing a bill that outlaws the release of a known terrorist into the U.S. Smith, the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said it would be appalling to close Guantanamo.

"If terrorists suddenly get the same rights as citizens, then we've turned the world upside down," Smith said. "We don't think there should be a limit to their detention as long as they are a clear and present danger."

House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton, D-Mo., had hoped the president would close Guantanamo Bay. But he said he didn't know how best to handle the prisoners.

"They're very unsavory," Skelton said. "I don't know where you put them."

However Skelton didn't object to them staying in U.S. prisons so long as they weren't housed together.

For his part, Murtha was encouraged by Obama's proposal.

"I have said for two years that we should close down Guantanamo. Close it down. It's a sore in the United States' moral standards. What they have done there has hurt us," he said.

On Sept. 11, 2001, Murtha represented Shanksville, Pa., where one of the four hijacked planes crashed.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Murtha Says He'd Take Guantanamo Prisoners in His District

I still can't believe this a-hole got reelected. Every time he opens his mouth something stupid comes out. He probably has a few extra rooms in his house, let em' live there.

(Allegheny County)

There is a method to his madness. They aren't just going to release those folks out to the general population. They will be hosed in a max security prison, as the article says, this guy's district doesn't have one. So if the feds take him up on it, the feds build a max security prison in his area (construction jobs), hire guards (more jobs), cleaning crews, laundry staff, etc, etc, etc, all comes out to a bunch of federal jobs showing up in his district. Sounds like a brilliant plan.

(Mercer County)

What a slap in the face to the people of Shanksville!

"Sure, I'd take 'em," said Murtha, an outspoken critic of the Iraq war. "They're no more dangerous in my district than in Guantanamo."
    YES THEY ARE! If a typical prisioner escapes, he's going into hiding. When an Islamic terrorist escapes, they just may carry out their desire to kill any American man, woman, and child they can.

Montanya's got the right angle, though...Murtha is the king of pork for a reason!

(Allegheny County)

I can't even WTF this I'm dumbfounded
    Totally with ya.

George

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    There is a method to his madness. They aren't just going to release those folks out to the general population. They will be hosed in a max security prison, as the article says, this guy's district doesn't have one. So if the feds take him up on it, the feds build a max security prison in his area (construction jobs), hire guards (more jobs), cleaning crews, laundry staff, etc, etc, etc, all comes out to a bunch of federal jobs showing up in his district. Sounds like a brilliant plan.
    I can understand the "PORK", but you can't build a max security prison in a year, even if you started right now. "O" wants them out of Gitmo as soon as possible.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    Just what is needed....more taxes. Be patriotic everyone, open your wallet.

(Luzerne County)

1abang.jpg

Here is the congress man on "meet the press"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigborehnd View Post
    I still can't believe this a-hole got reelected. Every time he opens his mouth something stupid comes out. He probably has a few extra rooms in his house, let em' live there.
    Says a lot about the people in his district don't you think? Maybe since they voted for him, they deserve whatever he does for/to them.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

I think a good idea is bring them out to sea, make sure there are no other ships for a few hundred miles around and plenty of sharks, then give them a free pass off starbord... Like it says in Hotel California the Song...

"you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave."
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast