Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thought things were beginning to settle...

Well, judging by what Wally Worlds are beginning to be able to keep in stock and slowly but surely returning stock in other places I though this thing was beginning to settle out. I just went back to ammunitiontogo.com and they just raised the price on everything they just got back in stock. .40 Federal HST 180gr went from $350/500 to almost $450/500 and Federal American Eagle went up $3/box or $30/500 thats +$200 per case of HST and +$60 per case FAE in about 2 weeks...

I'm glad I got the defensive ammo I need for the remainder of the century but its getting to the point where a trip to the range is getting prohibitively expensive.

I know this is nothing new...but geeze, it just kinda hit me really bad. I was looking to order some Federal AE...damn
    Last edited by emsjeep; April 14th, 2009 at 10:19 PM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Thought things were beginning to settle...

Keep in mind that Fast Eddie just spouted off about creating more gun control laws...

I'm sure that will send people to the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Keep in mind that Fast Eddie just spouted off about creating more gun control laws...

I'm sure that will send people to the stores.
    Fast eddie?

Looks like they have some decent .223 is stock...less than .50/round seems good these days for .223, I cannot believe a box of pistol ammo from the discount guys is $45...I'm gonna head over to CTD for a good laugh...
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

ha, rofl, CTD .40 FAE is $15/box more expensive...but they have it in stock...I guess some shipments came in yesterday

To:john@ammunitiontogo.com
    Hi,
    I just wanted to let you know that the $100/case price increase on Federal American Eagle 180gr .40S&W that you have implemented in the past 6 weeks has made you more expensive than my local shops. I was hoping you would be back in stock with it soon, but I cannot justify ordering more at that price plus shipping. I have always looked to your company for hard to find products at the best prices, please do not go the way of CheaperThanDirt.
    Thanks,
    Alex
    emssendingemailsmakesmefeelbetterjeep

(Montgomery County)

Please let us know if he responds to you. I, too, am a little sickened by your OP, but I guess it's a sign of the times.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    Fast eddie?
    Our esteemed governor, Edward G. Rendell.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_620613.html

(York County)

I thought things we getting a little better. Shyda's in Lebanon is getting more ammunition back in stock and some Wal-Marts are getting product on the shelves. It still seems like 9mm is hard to find. The days of getting ammunition from Ammo to Go at a great prices, like you could a few years ago, are coming to an end I guess. I was getting boxes of Federal HTS 9mm 147+p for under 20 dollars for 50 rounds. It seems like now it is hard to find any premium ammo for less than 1 dollar per round

I was at Cabela's in Hamburg yesterday and they had NO primers of any kind for rifles and pistols. However, they did have pistol and rifle ammo however there prices were high for even Cabelas.

(Bucks County)

The only reason the stores are getting more back in stock is because they are putting limitations on quantity and raising the prices. Hopefully once they get a decent stock, people will stop buying like there will never be another bullet manufactured and prices will start coming down...but I'm beginning to think I may be dreaming.

-Zach

We are trying our best to keep the prices down; our suppliers are going up on us and unfortunately that has to reflect in our prices to our customers. We are sorry.
    Thank You
    sales@ammunitiontogo.com
    M-F 8am-4pm
    979-277-9676 office
    979-277-9959 fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast