Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Church Shooting Suspect Had "Arsenal" in Bedroom

OH NOES!! Another arsenal!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508627,00.html

I'd like to thank the Associated Press for more blatant anti-gun reporting...

ST. LOUIS — A man accused of running down and shooting an Illinois pastor to death mid-sermon left an arsenal of guns in his bedroom as well as an index card marked "Last Day Will."

The arsenal in accused gunman Terry Sedlacek's room included two 12-gauge shotguns, a rifle and a box of 550 .22-caliber bullets, according to court documents filed Tuesday.
    It seems an "arsenal" is getting smaller every news story.

More of the story:

The inventory of items seized from Sedlacek's Troy, Ill., home also lists the "Last Day Will" index card but does not detail what else was written on it. Sedlacek's day planner also singled out Sunday as "death day," prosecutor William Mudge has said.

Authorities have said Sedlacek, 27, fired four times from a .45-caliber Glock handgun, hitting the Rev. Fred Winters once with a bullet that ripped through the preacher's heart before he collapsed and bled to death Sunday at First Baptist Church in Maryville, Ill.

Authorities said Sedlacek also brought to the church enough ammunition to perhaps kill 30 people.

Sedlacek is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery, the latter charges related to his alleged wounding with a knife of two congregants who wrestled him to the ground and subdued him after the shooting.

Sedlacek remained in serious condition Tuesday in a St. Louis hospital with self-inflicted stab wounds to the throat. One of the injured congregants, Terry Bullard, was upgraded to fair condition.

Investigators say they still haven't pinpointed why Sedlacek allegedly strolled into the church during its early Sunday service, packing a pistol and 30 bullets — 10 in each of the three magazines he brought along.

A new affidavit by Illinois State Police detective James Walker said Sedlacek entered the sanctuary and walked down an aisle to the front of the church toward Winters, 45, who addressed him.

Walker wrote that Sedlacek then fired at Winters; investigators have said the first bullet clipped the top of the Bible the preacher held, sending pieces of it spraying like confetti and appearing to many of the roughly 150 onlookers to be part of a skit.

Winters then bolted toward the edge of the stage with Sedlacek running parallel to him, Walker wrote.

"Pastor Winters then jumped from the stage where he landed on the ground. Sedlacek then placed himself next to the pastor and fired multiple shots, striking Winters," Walker's affidavit read.

Investigators have said Sedlacek fired four rounds altogether before his gun jammed. After chasing and mortally wounding Winters, Walker wrote, Sedlacek tried to flee but was subdued by Bullard and Keith Melton.

"The way I feel in my heart is my pastor needed help and I had to help. I can't relate that back to anything. That's just how I feel about it," Melton said. "I've been in car accidents before where it seems like it's slow motion. But this was over so fast, it's harder to make sense of it."

It remains unclear whether Sedlacek even knew Winters, a married father of two who led First Baptist Church for nearly 22 years.

Authorities have not revealed the verbal exchange between the gunman and Winters, who was wearing a body microphone. Mudge, Madison County's state's attorney, has listened to the audio recording but won't publicly discuss it, his spokeswoman Stephanee Smith said Tuesday.

Smith also said Sedlacek has previously been issued a firearm owner's identification card, though Illinois State Police spokesman Scott Compton said Sedlacek did not have a valid one.

Sedlacek attended Southwestern Illinois College in Granite City from August of 2006 until May of 2008, pursuing an associate's degree in computer information systems, but never graduated, registration clerk Julie Boeschen said Tuesday.

Calls to the home he shared with his mother and stepfather went unanswered Tuesday, as have repeated visits to the house since the shooting.

Sedlacek's attorney, Ron Slemer, has told the Belleville News-Democrat that his client's family is "very sorry for the pastor's congregation." Slemer also has said Sedlacek has deteriorated both mentally and physically since contracting Lyme disease.

The attorney has not returned numerous messages left by The Associated Press at his home and office.

I didn't know a Glock could jam...EVER! Thank God it did, though...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Church Shooting Suspect Had "Arsenal" in Bedroom

Well, according to this report's definition of an arsenal, I must have enough stockpiled to supply a few countries in a war.

(Pike County)

So...If I have 4 cars, each filled with a full tank of gas and a case of Jack Daniels...do I have an "ARSENAL" of cars?

Wonder how many people I could have killed is I had run through the crowd of exiting parishioners at the end of the service? Bet it would have been more than just the preacher!

Consider: Drunk Drivers kill an average of 36 people PER DAY in this country. Why isn't THAT reported in the same inflammatory manner!?!?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7035&dateline=1238541  027

(Mercer County)

Frankly, I'm surprised the reporter called them "magazines" instead of "clips."

I'm disgusted that they said he had enough ammo to kill up to 30 people. He had 30 rounds. Yes, if he lined up the people and they patiently waited for him to execute each one, then sure...he could have killed 30 people. Egads...do reporters hate guns that much or are they that stupid? Wait - don't answer that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Frankly, I'm surprised the reporter called them "magazines" instead of "clips."

I'm disgusted that they said he had enough ammo to kill up to 30 people. He had 30 rounds. Yes, if he lined up the people and they patiently waited for him to execute each one, then sure...he could have killed 30 people. Egads...do reporters hate guns that much or are they that stupid? Wait - don't answer that.
    Anything to make a story SENSATIONAL is the key!!!

(Allegheny County)

I'd like to know the model of the Glock-- must avoid it since it jammed for him.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn370 View Post
    Consider: Drunk Drivers kill an average of 36 people PER DAY in this country. Why isn't THAT reported in the same inflammatory manner!?!?
    Because lliberals like to drink, and they'd have to call out their own. Just ask Teddy.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Because lliberals like to drink, and they'd have to call out their own. Just ask Teddy.

camper
    But Cheney shot his hunting buddy after drinking a few! Wait, that story involved a gun. Never mind.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post

camper
    Now c'mon, you KNOW that wasn't Teddy's fault...how was he supposed to know the poor girl was too drunk to get out of the car as it was sinking into the bay. Besides, one can't be expected to think of others when one is running (swimming) for one's life trailing a stream of yellow liquid as you go.

...and I have no doubt the judge in that case had a GREAT time during his free, month long, vacation in the Carribean...complete with his choice of daily hookers. Now really, who could begrudge a person such a generous gift just for being kind & compassionate?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7035&dateline=1238541  027

Quote Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
    Well, according to this report's definition of an arsenal, I must have enough stockpiled to supply a few countries in a war.
    +1

(ooooooo)
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast