Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default What is the best shot you ever made?

Okay, in the spirit of continuing the "best of" discussions...what is the best shot you ever made? Here is your chance to brag a little, BUT it has to be true. ; )

This one is up there for me. I took down a whitetail that was running full speed, broadside, at about 40 yards. I got off three shots with a bolt action and put it down on the third shot.

The next year, I put one down that was running straight away from be at about 50 yards. One shot right through the tail.

Both time I was using a Remington 700 ADL .270 with a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope.

How about you?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: What is the best shot you ever made?

It's hard to decide between two shots I've made, both involving woodchuck hunting.
    The first, a 460-yard shot, determined by rangefinder, with a Remington 700 BDL bull barreled .22-250 with the forend propped on a fence post.
    The other, a chuck at 87 paces with a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum fired from a prone position. What makes it so memorable is when I spotted the chuck, I hit the ground - and put my right elbow into a cowpie. This was like a good bagel, i.e. crusty on the outside, and squishy on the inside.

(Beaver County)

Best shot I ever made...

Started with Jameson, added a touch of Creme de Mint, topped off with Bombay Sapphire. Tasty.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Washington County)

I shot deer running at over 100 yards once.

I was running.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Chester County)

Since nearly all of my shooting has been at paper targets...

I picked off a fly at 50 yards with my 22 rifle.

Also... Once when I was a kid I picked off a bird from about 50 feet while it was flying overhead. I used my trusty ten pump Crossman BB rifle for that shot.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Washington County)

I may or may not have shot a ground hog at about 50 yards once with the first shot out of my newly purchased Khar P9.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Allegheny County)

Best shot? Was actually ten shots.

Was on the rifle team in high school, shooting an Anschuitz (sp?) bolt action .22 competition rifle. it's a right handed gun, but I'm a lefty, so every shot (from a prone position) I had to reach over the rifle, without disrupting my position, to open the bolt, put a new shell in, and close the action back up. Anyway, we were in a Seniors tournament, and I was in the last group, and we were behind by a few points. After sighting in, I 'pinned' all ten targets dead center of the x-rings. Took the tourney by 2 points.

Second best was with my 30/30 Marlin (scoped) at 200 yards, sitting "Indian" style. Told my buddy I could make any shot that he could with his .308 on a bench. We started with milk jugs, and worked to progressively smaller targets. By the time we got to bottle caps, we were dead even. He missed, I didn't. It was more luck than skill, but still, a 30/30 at 200 yards, sitting crossed legged, made for a hell of shot!

(Northampton County)

5 headshots at once, through smoke ... but that was in Call of Duty

When I was a teenager I had a Crossman 760. From about 10 feet I put a BB in the back of a .22 pellet that had previously been shot into the barn siding. I thought it was luck until I did it a second time. Open sights. I miss the air gun.

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    Okay, in the spirit of continuing the "best of" discussions...what is the best shot you ever made? Here is your chance to brag a little, BUT it has to be true. ; )

This one is up there for me. I took down a whitetail that was running full speed, broadside, at about 40 yards. I got off three shots with a bolt action and put it down on the third shot.

The next year, I put one down that was running straight away from be at about 50 yards. One shot right through the tail.

Both time I was using a Remington 700 ADL .270 with a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope.

How about you?
    The Texas Heart Shot, or up the butt, is a stupid shot.....not a good one. Yeah, I am being "that guy". I am tired of finding deer dead in the woods from people trying to make their "best shots".
    Jules

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast