Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Armed Citizens Network

Does anyone know anything about this group? Is it worth the $85.00 to join?

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Armed Citizens Network

Off the top of my head, I'd say no. Spend that $85 on the NRA or someone who does something for us. I've never heard of ACN before.

(Monroe County)

greetings nomad48,

I am a member of The ARMED CITIZENS LEGAL DEFENSE NETWORK. I joined when they first began the venture. I have taken a number of the classes offered by their affiliated training organization the FIREARMS ACADEMY OF SEATTLE.

May i suggest you look into some of the folks who are on their advisory board (Farnam, Hackathorn, Ayoob) and make a decision based on the fact that some of the biggest names in the world of defensive handgun are there. hmmm they must know something.

There are also posts on this forum that are addressed by the founder and president of the organization. sorry not so good with computer tech stuff or i would post a link.

Also take the time to read what is on their web page.

(Monroe County)

sorry mchaley,

"off the top of my head" is just not the best way to prepare for what could be the fight of your life: a legal entanglement involving the use of deadly force.

If you want to spend your money on political advocates i suggest you support JPFO or GOA. The NRA are much like the congress of the U.S.; bloated, unresponsive, and slow to action on subsatantially important issues.

They spend too much money on the un-disclosed salary of LaPierre and others to be affective. They have also shown themselves to be rather indifferent to the concerns of their membership.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    greetings nomad48,

I am a member of The ARMED CITIZENS LEGAL DEFENSE NETWORK. I joined when they first began the venture. I have taken a number of the classes offered by their affiliated training organization the FIREARMS ACADEMY OF SEATTLE.

May i suggest you look into some of the folks who are on their advisory board (Farnam, Hackathorn, Ayoob) and make a decision based on the fact that some of the biggest names in the world of defensive handgun are there. hmmm they must know something.

There are also posts on this forum that are addressed by the founder and president of the organization. sorry not so good with computer tech stuff or i would post a link.

Also take the time to read what is on their web page.
    That makes more sense. In that case, yeah I'd spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    sorry mchaley,

"off the top of my head" is just not the best way to prepare for what could be the fight of your life: a legal entanglement involving the use of deadly force.

If you want to spend your money on political advocates i suggest you support JPFO or GOA. The NRA are much like the congress of the U.S.; bloated, unresponsive, and slow to action on subsatantially important issues.

They spend too much money on the un-disclosed salary of LaPierre and others to be affective. They have also shown themselves to be rather indifferent to the concerns of their membership.
    "Off the top of my head" was me saying I'm too lazy to do research on the "armed citizens network." I had never heard of that group and it sounded to me like a nobody group.

Ayoob does a lot of good work. I heard that if you take his course and do well he will testify for you in court. Talk about an expert on your behalf!

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Ayoob does a lot of good work. I heard that if you take his course and do well he will testify for you in court. Talk about an expert on your behalf!
    That's true. As an LFI graduate, Ayoob will support my defense for free (other than expenses of course). Hopefully I'll never have to take advantage of it.

The ACLDN is not an insurance plan, but will provide at least some financial support. Part of your membership money is put into a fund to support a member who needs it, at the discretion of the board of directors -- a pretty impressive group as noted above. A recent addition to their benefits list is that they will overnight $5000 to your attorney if you're arrested. So far, that fund is untouched.

(Monroe County)

Not only will they assist with some financial help but more importantly they will help provide expert witness testimony, advice to legal counsel on lethal force issues and special aid in investigation of a justifiable defensive shooting by one of their members.

In addition to this they provide a series of DVD's that explain some very important legal concepts and how to handle yourself when speaking with first responders and investigators; How to find the right attorney and when; How to read the pre-attack patterns of a violent felon and more.

Your membership also gives you access to the chat forum where you can talk over a wide variety of defensive shooting stuff and other firearms esoterica.

(Susquehanna County)

Sounds pretty good. I may join.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Sounds pretty good. I may join.
    x2.

I'll do a little bit of my own research. It doesn't seem that bad of an idea however..

(Luzerne County)

looks interesting
    we pray for peace but victory would also be ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast