Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default guns without foot prints?

what is the best way to LEGALLY purchase a firearm that is, for all intensive purposes, completely "off the grid?" i have heard that gun shows in some states do not require photo identification or back ground checks (not sure if this is entirely true) while other states (new jersey) do not even allow guns to change hands at gun shows. is texas the best bet or is there an option closer to pennsylvania?

i have no ill intent with this question and am wondering if there is a way to purchase a firearm that is untraceable within the confines of the law? i spent a lot of time trying to piece together information from the internet but was wondering if a member here had any experience.

thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: guns without foot prints?

This is a public forum and in my eyes you are asking a foolish question.

(Bucks County)

80% AR lower.

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    i am asking a simple question. are all legally purchased guns traceable or are some not? lets say you are carrying a concealed pistol in a state like ohio that has a duty to inform rule and you are pulled over. the officer, for whatever, reason takes your weapon and "runs it" and it doesnt show up because you purchased it at a show...he will think you stole it.

i know this question sounds naive but i have never been to a gun show and the liberal media makes it seem like you can walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun no questions asked.

once again, i am asking about things within the confines of the law; i am not looking to meet up with some mafia dude in an alley.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Delaware County)

I don't think you can buy a handgun in Pa. and not have it go through a legal transfer. If you buy a handgun out of state you will need to follow a precise set of rules and it will have a paper trail.

You can buy a longgun and not have to fill out any paperwork. There are some qualifiers there but you can do it. Don't forget there are federal laws also.

You find good info on this site about your question. You can start here:http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

It's not that difficult if you have cash and deal with people who don't adhere to the Bill of Sale nonsense. Being that this is a public forum, I doubt you're going to find many people willing to go into more detail.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    i am asking a simple question. are all legally purchased guns traceable or are some not? lets say you are carrying a concealed pistol in a state like ohio that has a duty to inform rule and you are pulled over. the officer, for whatever, reason takes your weapon and "runs it" and it doesnt show up because you purchased it at a show...he will think you stole it.

i know this question sounds naive but i have never been to a gun show and the liberal media makes it seem like you can walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun no questions asked.

once again, i am asking about things within the confines of the law; i am not looking to meet up with some mafia dude in an alley.
    If you are meeting a mafia dude in an alley He is probably not there to sell you a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I don't think you can buy a handgun in Pa. and not have it go through a legal transfer. If you buy a handgun out of state you will need to follow a precise set of rules and it will have a paper trail.

You can buy a longgun and not have to fill out any paperwork. There are some qualifiers there but you can do it. Don't forget there are federal laws also.

You find good info on this site about your question. You can start here:http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/
    that is what i was looking for thank you!
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Lancaster County)

How good are you with a mill?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    I think I understand what you mean but there are a few legitimate reasons for wanting to own a gun that can't be traced to you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast