Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default I'm still in shock!

Went to camp with my family and another family (family friends) over the weekend. Everything was good and we all had fun but I still can't get over the inevitable politics conversation we shared at the camp fire! My buddy and his wife are Obama supporters! I know, to each their own, but I was absolutely floored! My buddy is an avid hunter and has dozens of guns...all hunting rifles. He flipped out when I brought up Obama and Biden's anti gun background, he just claimed that a few gun restrictions won't hurt anyone...he'd rather have more money in his pocket than to be able to buy a machine gun and take it home the same day! I told him that machine guns aren't even the big issue and I gave him the speech about us losing our rights one by one and both him and his wife looked at me like I was crazy! I also asked how they think they will have more money after the Democrats tax the hell out of everyone to pay for all the pay raises and government programs that they are promising? They just don't get it! And there is no way to make them even agree with my side.

I used to wonder why any one would even consider voting for those 2 flectards (and I still don't understand why) but I now know that this election is going to be very dangerous! When the Obama camp can brain wash an avid sportsman into thinking gun control is survivable...there is no hope for this country!

Has anyone else run into any close friends that are on the "other side" of reality?
    Last edited by RocketFoot; September 22nd, 2008 at 07:07 AM.

Default Re: I'm still in shock!

Most of the people we know who would vote for him we already understood were past the hope of "change" to our side.

Had a really strange voice mail last night. Someone got our home # for DH and asked him to come up to Doylestown to help the "moveon.org" and support Osama/bama.
    DH wigged out, anyone who even remotely knows him, would also know he's very anti Oblama. He intends to call this person and give him a piece of his mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post

I used to wonder why any one would even consider voting for those 2 flectards (and I still don't understand why)
    I think a lot of people like your friends, are not Pro-Obama, as much as they are Anti-McCain.

Obama makes me sick to my stomach. But McCain gives me brain necrosis.

Go Ron Paul???
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Monroe County)

The biggest resistance that I have come up against is that you can say he is going to tax everyone to death but they will never believe it. They see this 250k number and say, ok thats cool tax the rich bastards and give some of us that cash. Most fail to realise exactly how a tax like that is going to work and its very hard to get it through their head. I have found a lot of workers that complain because their boss or the people that owns the place in which they work, has more then they do. They don't feel that it is right for the people that they work for to make money. I mean who would have thought that people owning a buisness and working their ass off to get it up and running should make any money, what is this world coming too. But what they don't understand is that taxing your boss could make your job the one that is not as nessisary to run the buisness, so bottom line is, more taxes on small buisness is = less small buisnesse profit=less small buisness growth= less FUCKING jobs which is = less money for you......... some people are really bad at math........................................

(Westmoreland County)

Even the third party candidates suck this year. Barr? McKinney? hahaha. The only person that I think is sincere in this election is Ralph Nader. He may end up getting my vote cause Obama and McCain sure as shit won't.

I am not as surprised about people hoping the fence to vote Obama as I am at how surprised you are about it. You make it sound like there's a world of difference between these candidates and quite frankly, there isn't. In fact, I can't really picture two candidates more closely aligned than Obama and McCain. The differences and the divisions are purely a dog and pony show to force you to align yourself with one and in the process break down on everything you actually feel strongly about. I don't see a single reason for a conservative to vote for McCain over Obama except the perception that Obama is somehow less conservative than McCain.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Chester County)

tell em obama's entire election is a fraud, and his birth cert was forged, he was born in kenya, not hawaii, and is being sued over it.

edit: this is hilarious and frightening at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU
    Last edited by Defleshed; September 22nd, 2008 at 08:59 AM.

Im not super pro McCain, but Palin makes it a better choice for me. Im just avidly anti obama.

I swapped my Xbox live motto to "NObama 08" and changed my gamer picture to McCain/Palin. You would not believe the death threats I get because of it now.

Nice thing is the one guy claimed to know someone (or possibly himself) who works for Microsoft and he'd pay me a visit, so I was like yeah...right...and he says I'll come to pittsburgh and show you.

I keep nothing of the sort on my gamer profile, so I reported him and actually called XBL about him, so hopefully that gets handled, I've been following up on the incident # with them about every 2 days.

(Westmoreland County)

WOW...some of these people are real whack jobs!

I'm no huge McCain supporter, but I can be fairly certain that I won't be voting for Obama Llama and the AWB gang!

(York County)

Politics and religion are both the number one causes of division!

and no I'm not anti god!

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

i have a friend just like yours, big time hunter, trap shooter, ect..... everything you said to your friends i said to him. i told him about obamas stance on gun control? he couldnt believe it, but hes still voting for him. oh well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast