Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Arrested for Self Defense

Back in July, I was arrested for using m gun in a self defense situation. It's kind of a long story, so I'll try to make it as short as possible without leaving out major details. While out one night celebrating my cousins birthday, I went to my vehicle to grab my smokes. While walking to my car I noticed a man parked behind me in the lane, not in a parking spot. I glanced at him and returned to doing what I set out to do. The guy began screaming " What the F@&k are you looking at? Don't think I won't get out of this truck and blow you F' ing head off." I said I was just wondering why someone was parked behind me, and went back to getting my cigs. He mumbled something and drove away. I began walking away from my car when I heard brakes squeal. I turn and see him coming back in reverse at me. He then begins running his mouth asking if I think he's joking about blowing my head off. I said no and he laughed, and drove away. This happens again. I begin to walk away, and he reverses back to me. Finally after his last rant, he pulls out of the parking lot, but stops in the street. I keep an eye on him, not wanting to turn my back to him, and notice his interior light come on. What happened next scared the living shit out of me. I see his hand go into his glove box, and he points a gun at me. I quickly drew my gun and fired a round at him. He sped off, and I asked a bystander to call the police because I didn't have a phone on me. Spent three days in jail/prison. Yesterday was the third time I went to court. Finally after 6 months of hell, the prosecution withdrew all charges. Leave it to the PPD to lock up the victims instead of going after the criminals.

Default Re: Arrested for Self Defense

Glad you are ok and survived the enounter. I hope you can get your property back. Did the other guy whom you shot at ever file a complaint or come forward?

CL

(Luzerne County)

wow, I'd lawyer up and go after the police next! That's bullshit!

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chvyrs90 View Post
    Back in July, I was arrested for using m gun in a self defense situation. It's kind of a long story, so I'll try to make it as short as possible without leaving out major details. While out one night celebrating my cousins birthday, I went to my vehicle to grab my smokes. While walking to my car I noticed a man parked behind me in the lane, not in a parking spot. I glanced at him and returned to doing what I set out to do. The guy began screaming " What the F@&k are you looking at? Don't think I won't get out of this truck and blow you F' ing head off." I said I was just wondering why someone was parked behind me, and went back to getting my cigs. He mumbled something and drove away. I began walking away from my car when I heard brakes squeal. I turn and see him coming back in reverse at me. He then begins running his mouth asking if I think he's joking about blowing my head off. I said no and he laughed, and drove away. This happens again. I begin to walk away, and he reverses back to me. Finally after his last rant, he pulls out of the parking lot, but stops in the street. I keep an eye on him, not wanting to turn my back to him, and notice his interior light come on. What happened next scared the living shit out of me. I see his hand go into his glove box, and he points a gun at me. I quickly drew my gun and fired a round at him. He sped off, and I asked a bystander to call the police because I didn't have a phone on me. Spent three days in jail/prison. Yesterday was the third time I went to court. Finally after 6 months of hell, the prosecution withdrew all charges. Leave it to the PPD to lock up the victims instead of going after the criminals.

Holy crap...I can't imagine what it's like to see a gun pointed at me. Quick thinking on your part and I probably would have done the same.

Did you hit his car? What were you charged with? Was the other guy charged or did he just disappear?

Glad you're ok!
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, and the only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is the government.

(Northampton County)

Glad you are ok. I guess they never caught the other guy from your story.

(Philadelphia County)

No, the other guy took off and never filed a report. Although while I was being handcuffed the guy drove by. I pointed vBulletin this out to the cop, and he said they might catch him. WTF! Anywho, my lawyer said he has to file a petition to get my gun and license back.

That's F*ed up. You'd think they would go after someone like the aggressor considering he doesn't seem responsible to own a gun they should see if he even has a LTCF instead of going after you which had one. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

(Allegheny County)

Title of the thread should be " I was arrested because I called 911 and rat finked on myself".
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

spent three days in jail, that seems odd...no bail?

sucks to hear and glad you're ok

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Title of the thread should be " I was arrested because I called 911 and rat finked on myself".
    Damn snitches LOL

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast