Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jesse Jackson claims assault weapons can “shoot down airplanes”

“Bang! Bang! Bang!”

Hear that? It’s the sound of an assault weapon in the hands of a rogue individual, taking down an airplane flying overhead.

At least, that’s what the Reverend Jesse Jackson thinks assault weapons can do. The Reverend’s misinformed assertion that assault weapons are capable of shooting down airplanes came during a Fox News appearance yesterday.

These semi-automatic weapons, these assault weapons, can only kill people, and in fact, they are threats to national security … the young man who did the killing in Aurora, Colorado … he could shoot down airplanes, so this is a matter of homeland security as well,” he said while speaking about gun control with anchor Martha MacCallum on ‘America’s Newsroom.’ The debate about gun control has permeated the national dialogue ever since the tragic massacre of 26 innocent victims at Sandy Hook Elementary School last month involved a gun.

An assault weapon is a loose term not easily defined, often brought up in discussions about gun control, and commonly refers to the high-powered rifles and other guns that are used in tragic shootings, such as the AR-15. And according to Jason Hanson, a former Central Intelligence Agency officer who spoke to The Blaze, using a rifle similar to the one Aurora shooter James Holmes used, “it would be impossible to shoot down a plane. (Okay, nothing is impossible, but it would be as likely as aliens knocking on my front door tomorrow.) I’ve never heard of a rifle shooting down civilians plane outside of a war zone either.”

Even Michael Knox, a criminology consultant with a specialty in firearms and ballistics, said the AR-15, “is no more capable than any other firearm of shooting down a plane–less capable than most hunting rifles–so, Jesse Jackson’s claim would mean that all firearms are a threat to national security.” He went on to say, “Clearly, Jackson is reaching for gun control rhetoric and he would be well-served to do some research on firearms before making such absurd public statements.

We await comment from the White House and its liberal parrots on whether or not the Reverend’s comedic comments are a welcome distraction from the President of the United States and his recently issued controversial executive actions.

(h/t to The Blaze for catching the glaring flaw in Reverend Jackson’s statement.)

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/01/...t-down-planes/
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Jesse Jackson claims assault weapons can “shoot down airplanes”

When was the last time a commercial airliner was brought down by small arms fire in the US? Better yet the world? And by individual semi automactic fire...

Not saying it couldn't happen under the right circumstances, but that'd be one amazing ass lucky shot from an AR-15.

I'll refrain from pointing out what is a bigger danger to airline security.....

(York County)

I'm sure they can, from on board.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Mercer County)

The fact this dumbass is even still around and anyone even bothers to give a shit about what he thinks goes to show just how many sheeple are out there.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Chester County)

Wow, just wow. What a dumb ass! Next he will claim they need to be banned because they could take down satellites.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Beaver County)

I wonder why the airframe (iirc, DC-9) my stepdad had to inspect after it landed at PGH Intl. didn't fall out of the sky with the bullet holes it had in it. Odd.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    “Bang! Bang! Bang!”

Hear that? It’s the sound of an assault weapon in the hands of a rogue individual, taking down an airplane flying overhead.

At least, that’s what the Reverend Jesse Jackson thinks assault weapons can do. The Reverend’s misinformed assertion that assault weapons are capable of shooting down airplanes came during a Fox News appearance yesterday.

These semi-automatic weapons, these assault weapons, can only kill people, and in fact, they are threats to national security … the young man who did the killing in Aurora, Colorado … he could shoot down airplanes, so this is a matter of homeland security as well,” he said while speaking about gun control with anchor Martha MacCallum on ‘America’s Newsroom.’ The debate about gun control has permeated the national dialogue ever since the tragic massacre of 26 innocent victims at Sandy Hook Elementary School last month involved a gun.

An assault weapon is a loose term not easily defined, often brought up in discussions about gun control, and commonly refers to the high-powered rifles and other guns that are used in tragic shootings, such as the AR-15. And according to Jason Hanson, a former Central Intelligence Agency officer who spoke to The Blaze, using a rifle similar to the one Aurora shooter James Holmes used, “it would be impossible to shoot down a plane. (Okay, nothing is impossible, but it would be as likely as aliens knocking on my front door tomorrow.) I’ve never heard of a rifle shooting down civilians plane outside of a war zone either.”

Even Michael Knox, a criminology consultant with a specialty in firearms and ballistics, said the AR-15, “is no more capable than any other firearm of shooting down a plane–less capable than most hunting rifles–so, Jesse Jackson’s claim would mean that all firearms are a threat to national security.” He went on to say, “Clearly, Jackson is reaching for gun control rhetoric and he would be well-served to do some research on firearms before making such absurd public statements.

We await comment from the White House and its liberal parrots on whether or not the Reverend’s comedic comments are a welcome distraction from the President of the United States and his recently issued controversial executive actions.

(h/t to The Blaze for catching the glaring flaw in Reverend Jackson’s statement.)

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/01/...t-down-planes/

He is right, in the Nam quite a few airplanes and choppers went down from just AK fire, an Ar with its light bullet may have a problem , but yeah he is right, it can and did happen, but thats the reason we need them too.

(Cambria County)

Jesse Jackson......

nuff said.....
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

I've heard of 3 jetliners brought down with box cutters.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I've heard of 3 jetliners brought down with box cutters.
    Well I'm glad you said it....I wasn't gonna as nice about it....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast