Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default What the NRA needs to do NOW!

I’m sure we can all agree that children are our future. In these times where our 2nd is under attack like never before, the Obummer administration has no problem exploiting the children of this country in order to achieve there goals. Therefore, I think the N.R.A should consider giving our youth the opportunity to join the NRA as a lifetime member for FREE! Let’s say up until the age of 16? The NRA can bug them for money later and for the rest of there life I’m sure. The point is that with the correct guidance we can bring an entire generation into the fold that will ensure there children’s rights. I’m thinking the future here not just the next few years. There is strength in numbers and that is what we need is numbers.

Now before I get accused of exploiting children myself, let me explain my thoughts. What does the left liberal agenda teach our young children? It teaches them that everyone is equal, guns are bad, you deserve it, wealth is bad because others starve, don’t work we have welfare, it’s free, and don’t worry, we will take care of you. What does our gun culture and the right teach? Work for what you want and you will succeed, obey the law or you will be punished, morals, strong family, responsibility is yours, Depend on yourself not others and not the state, and GOD! This is but to name a few.

Ask yourself… who do you want running America in 30 years? What can the NRA do now in order to teach and start young people on the right path in life? Give them membership. Bring them into the fold. Help us teach responsibility, values, morals and the host of other things that come with being a law abiding gun owner. We can instill these values in our youth and the NRA can not let them forget even after we as a generation have passed.
    Last edited by Finster; January 16th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: What the NRA needs to do NOW!

Really, almost 60 people viewed this and not one single comment good or bad???

I can dig it!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by chillafusion View Post
    I can dig it!
    A country heard from........ Thank you.... what this is really open to is debate and/or what if anything we can do to get the NRA on board

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    What can the NRA do now in order to teach and start young people on the right path in life? Give them membership. Bring them into the fold. Help us teach responsibility, values, morals and the host of other things that come with being a law abiding gun owner.
    I dont speak for the NRA but If EVERY gun owner paid their fair share in dues the NRA might have more leeway to offer more to their members. Having said that they do provide for the kids to learn how to shoot. You teach morals they teach how to shoot and provide grants.

Heres a direct Quote from my gun club news letter for 2013:

"GOOD NEWS! We recently received two grants: "Girls and Guns" program was awarded $2,095.00 in merchandise and "Youth Trap earned a $1490.00 cash award. SPECIAL THANKS TO THE NRA FOUNDATION."
    Heres the link if you want to learn more: http://www.friendsofnra.org/National.aspx?cid=9
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Lancaster County)

I think its a great idea. I'd suggest kids 12 to 16 a free junior member. Let their voice be heard. I wish the NRA would chill with the free gifts and put better use of that money.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I’m sure we can all agree that children are our future. In these times where our 2nd is under attack like never before, the Obummer administration has no problem exploiting the children of this country in order to achieve there goals. Therefore, I think the N.R.A should consider giving our youth the opportunity to join the NRA as a lifetime member for FREE! Let’s say up until the age of 16? The NRA can bug them for money later and for the rest of there life I’m sure. The point is that with the correct guidance we can bring an entire generation into the fold that will ensure there children’s rights. I’m thinking the future here not just the next few years. There is strength in numbers and that is what we need is numbers.

Now before I get accused of exploiting children myself, let me explain my thoughts. What does the left liberal agenda teach our young children? It teaches them that everyone is equal, guns are bad, you deserve it, wealth is bad because others starve, don’t work we have welfare, it’s free, and don’t worry, we will take care of you. What does our gun culture and the right teach? Work for what you want and you will succeed, obey the law or you will be punished, morals, strong family, responsibility is yours, Depend on yourself not others and not the state, and GOD! This is but to name a few.

Ask yourself… who do you want running America in 30 years? What can the NRA do now in order to teach and start young people on the right path in life? Give them membership. Bring them into the fold. Help us teach responsibility, values, morals and the host of other things that come with being a law abiding gun owner. We can instill these values in our youth and the NRA can not let them forget even after we as a generation have passed.
    I wish other young adults my age could understand and see our POV on this issue. After seeing other's posts on social media sites and during my classes, it is clear that the liberal way of thinking is the way of the majority for college aged adults. And quite frankly, its both sad and scary.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Mercer County)

Yes, I feel that if kids could become lifetime members, it would help the NRA 10 fold. You would have many more members in the future and a lot of them would donate to the cause since they would have been tought the truth about firearms instead of the Liberal hype. To me it's a no brainer....