Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default MIA - .44 AMT automag.

I'm kind of hoping that someone here can help me out. It's been awhile but I have not give up the quest to find my missing firearms.

I had taken my Automag, to Goulds Gun Shop out near limerick (Back in the 90's) to have work done on it. about a month after I dropped it off the buisness was shuttered and gone. I had tried looking for it right away but that all predated the internet and after about a year I had well given up on ever finding Rick Gould, and or ever seeing my automag again.

Recently a friend, put the bug up my butt to restart the search, and that lead me here as I saw a post about the shop back from 2010 and figured I put something out here on the off chance that someone knows someone who can help.

-thanks to all.

(Washington County)

Default Re: MIA - .44 AMT automag.

Did you report it stolen at the time?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

What exactly would you like us to do? I don't see too many .44 Automags but if the expectation is I will PM you here with every sighting that's not very realistic.

Do you have photos, description of unique characteristics, serial number? You're asking us to go on a fishing expedition for a gun lost/stolen 27 years ago with no details.

By the way, in 1990 I was driving a Datsun B210. Can you help me figure out who ended up with the POS after I traded it in?

On a serious note, Josh asked the key question. Was a police report filed? If so I'd talk to the PD. Next try to track down Rick Gould. People are easy to find via the internet, firearms not so much.

Last rumour I heard about Rick Gould was he moved to Israel. I knew him , and wouldn't take any gun of value to him. He was a hack. He also shafted a lot of people with that shop/range they opened and got closed.
    Last edited by abner13; December 1st, 2017 at 03:15 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Last rumour I heard about Rick Gould was he moved to Israel. I knew him , and wouldn't take any gun of value to him. He was a hack.
    Israel will extradite if the circumstances are right.

But I agree with MT1 on this one, it's kind of out there and thin on detail.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    What exactly would you like us to do? I don't see too many .44 Automags but if the expectation is I will PM you here with every sighting that's not very realistic.

Do you have photos, description of unique characteristics, serial number? You're asking us to go on a fishing expedition for a gun lost/stolen 27 years ago with no details.

By the way, in 1990 I was driving a Datsun B210. Can you help me figure out who ended up with the POS after I traded it in?

On a serious note, Josh asked the key question. Was a police report filed? If so I'd talk to the PD. Next try to track down Rick Gould. People are easy to find via the internet, firearms not so much.
    This +1.

Even if you have the serial number to file it missing/stolen - If you have not done that already years ago- I'd wager a bet the police will be more interested in the fact that you waited 20-or-so odd years to file it when you knew exactly who had it and the shady situation surrounding him and his shop. If you did actually report it lost/stolen there really is nothing you can do at this point anyway.

Find Rick Gould. That seems to be your best option.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't have taken care of this 20-or-so years ago when the whole thing went down. Provided you didn't file a report I'd be more worried about the police calling you someday wondering why your Automag was used in a crime or was in the possession of a felon.

But good luck. I'm sure figuring this out wont be easy.
    Last edited by Bellerophon; December 1st, 2017 at 06:15 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post

So to fill in a bit of pertinent info.

Yes I contacted the state police firearms division. Whom eventually put me in contact with him He assured me that the shop being closed was due in part to his landlord upping the rent and his re-locating to another location. He informed me he was trying to track down parts, and had not forgotten about me, and asked if I wanted to come out and pick the gun up or if he should continue to follow up on his leads.

Like the fool that I was I told him to follow up on his leads and if nothing panned out to contact me in 6 months.

Well 6 months came and went, so did a baby, then work and travel, moving and so forth by the time I was remembered to get around to contacting him he had fallen off the face of the earth. I reached out again to the PSP firearms division and let them know what was going on.

And that's were we left it until now. An impossible task at this juncture and an expensive lesson for me but you know here's to holding out hope.

As for serial nos, well I'll have to dig through the unpacked moving boxes, but I do have it along with my reciept.

And as for photos, none, I know not too bright. And as for a description it's a AMT automag in .44 Automag. It has a laser porting done to the barrel (the old Trapezoidal style) and a Broken Bolt (Hence why It was a the Gun-Smith) So I'm not to worried about it being used if lost as it is currently nu-fireable without a new bolt machined for it.

(Montgomery County)

I don't know dude.
    Even at my most retard, and God knows I've been 2 ticks above going full retard more than once, I can't remember ever being that lackadaisical about a firearm that I owned.
    But I guess if a guy can hit the Powerball jackpot at 1/300,000,000 then you can possibly find your gun.
    Best of luck to you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Columbia County)

One thing you can try doing is go Police and report is as lost, not stolen. Explain what happened, however as already mentioned it , they might look suspicious because you waited so long. You can asked them to run the serial number in the infamous Pa State Police Registry of Sale and see if it was the shop transfered it to someone else. If it wasn't transferred to someone else, and if you have the serial number, make and model, request that put in the NCIC as a lost gun.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; December 2nd, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

(Luzerne County)

It seems that if a gun shop closes the doors that the atf would be involved. Maybe try contacting them.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast