Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Some advice; LEOs, please respond...

Last edited by jahwarrior72; June 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Some advice; LEOs, please respond...

Problem solved! (caps optional)

All seriousness aside, there's not much you can do... eye-ballin' people out in public ain't against the law.

All you can do is try to embarrass the person with a loud

"EXCUSE ME! CAN I HELP YOU?"

/don't forget the nuanced voice on the word "help"
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; November 11th, 2008 at 02:59 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    Problem solved! (caps optional)

i already considered it.

but anna's not too cool with prairie dresses and child brides....

(Philadelphia County)

When my wife wears her tight, short little sexy outfits, I have a "You can look, but you can't touch attitude"

Anything more is just asking for trouble. Heck, 99% of the time I get thumbs up and nods from fellow guys on the street.

If the Amish style don't suit you, you could always try a Burka.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lackawanna County)

i don't care so much when guys look at my girl. she's a hot, leggy redhead; if didn't want to be bothered, i'd have a short, fat, penguin looking girl. any healthy guy should be looking at her.

no healthy man should cast his eyes up the dress of a 12, 8, or 5 year old.

I'd just go with the "can I help you" statement.

When my daughter was 3-4 we were at the pittsburgh mills when it first opened and some guy decided he would grab her by the shoulder and hold her by her shoulder/neck for a few seconds (on the opposite side of the little play area they have there)

I was over there so fast it was unreal.

It was a matter of "If you don't let her go this could be very bad for you"

The guy was bigger than me but I didn't care about that. Im sure other parent's know the feeling though... freeky.

He hadn't hurt her but if he had...I honestly can't say that I wouldn't have snapped.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post

no healthy man should cast his eyes up the dress of a 12, 8, or 5 year old.
    I agree 100%.. but what do you define as "looking UP a dress"?
    Actually lifting it?
    popping a cellphone camera underneath??

I would imagine both situations could be considered assault. There's bound to be some sort of child protection law that covers this.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

If I were sure that an adult male was looking up the dress of a pre-teen girl, I'd call the cops and have them initiate a dialog. That is not the sort of thing that a non-dangerous man would do, and it pays to get his name into the system. Even without the possibility of a conviction, a record of an arrest (based on your certain complaint) will knock around in the system and get kicked up whenever something related happens in his vicinity.

Emphasize the "certain" part of this. If some guy is dozing behind mirrored sunglasses while tots walk in front of him, or he's keeping an eye on his own kid who's playing behind your daughter while she obliviously squats and splays her legs and ties her shoelaces, that's not the time to assume the worst. If he maneuvers himself repeatedly to catch kinky glimpses, then unleash the dogs of war on him. If you're not sure, don't call him a sex offender just to be safe. As a parent, you have an obligation to teach the girls modesty, it's not the responsibility of the rest of the world to pivot 180 degrees whenever the kid does something immodest. But catching predators before they hide the bodies in the woods is also important.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I'd just go with the "can I help you" statement.

When my daughter was 3-4 we were at the pittsburgh mills when it first opened and some guy decided he would grab her by the shoulder and hold her by her shoulder/neck for a few seconds (on the opposite side of the little play area they have there)
    whoa. some guy put his hands on her? that's an automatic ass whuppin'; do not pass go, do not collect $200. at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If I were sure that an adult male was looking up the dress of a pre-teen girl, I'd call the cops and have them initiate a dialog. That is not the sort of thing that a non-dangerous man would do, and it pays to get his name into the system. Even without the possibility of a conviction, a record of an arrest (based on your certain complaint) will knock around in the system and get kicked up whenever something related happens in his vicinity.

Emphasize the "certain" part of this. If some guy is dozing behind mirrored sunglasses while tots walk in front of him, or he's keeping an eye on his own kid who's playing behind your daughter while she obliviously squats and splays her legs and ties her shoelaces, that's not the time to assume the worst. If he maneuvers himself repeatedly to catch kinky glimpses, then unleash the dogs of war on him. If you're not sure, don't call him a sex offender just to be safe. As a parent, you have an obligation to teach the girls modesty, it's not the responsibility of the rest of the world to pivot 180 degrees whenever the kid does something immodest. But catching predators before they hide the bodies in the woods is also important.
    best damn advice I ever heard, guess that's why you are a lawyer.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast