Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders

Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders, putting lives at risk

Second Amendment groups are accusing the gun control lobby of putting law-abiding owners of firearms in danger by urging people to call the police on anyone carrying a gun in public.

As more states relax rules about open-carrying of guns, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has taken to social media to urge the public to assume gun-toters are trouble, and to call the cops on anyone they feel may be a threat.

“If you see someone carrying a firearm in public—openly or concealed—and have ANY doubts about their intent, call 911 immediately and ask police to come to the scene,” the group wrote on its widely followed Facebook page. “Never put your safety, or the safety of your loved ones, at the mercy of weak gun laws that arm individuals in public with little or no criminal and/or mental health screening.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01...?intcmp=hpbt2#
    MikeP

Default Re: Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders

I know it is already illegal to misuse 9-1-1 and make false reports, but this is getting to the point where we need legislation that specifically addresses and punishes this. These liars need to be taught their lesson.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

Legal question.
    Would the individual who gets swatted have any case against the person(s) who called 9-1-1 ?
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Legal question.
    Would the individual who gets swatted have any case against the person(s) who called 9-1-1 ?
    Does 911 record that information?

(Tioga County)

this actually happened to me in Savannah, a do good-er saw the handle of my pistol sticking out of my back pocket, I do have a permit and was with some friends on a sidewalk talking when i was surrounded by 6 cops who threatened me and started patting me down, I knew what it was about and promptly stated I have a permit to no avail, luckily a senior officer came by and stopped the situation from getting worse. the problem was that the junior officers were not familiar with the carry laws and were ready to lock me up.

sounds like grounds to a pretty big potential lawsuit. These groups are providing the nails for their own coffin.

If you call 911 on me for carrying a gun, I'm going to do my best to destroy your life so you're left living in low income housing until the day you die.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Legal question.
    Yes, both criminally and civilly, if the caller intentionally misrepresented any relevant facts. Further, as the lawsuits against the KKK demonstrated, even a tenuous connection between a national organization and the misdeeds of any members is enough to create liability, so I'd expect the national group to be named as a co-defendant in any civil suit.

If someone dies, there's a real chance that his next of kin will own the "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence" assets, including the rights to the name "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence", which would be worth some money to the right group of 60-70K activists who might want to have some fun with press releases using their new toy.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Think about it this way..

What happens if that bogus phone call to 911 in the end causes an accident? risk of catastrophe ? some cop misuses use of force on you? police get injured/killed in a auto accident while responding?

You'd own this group right down to their unbathed hippy feet over night not to mention anyone adversely affected by it's actions.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I know it is already illegal to misuse 9-1-1 and make false reports, but this is getting to the point where we need legislation that specifically addresses and punishes this. These liars need to be taught their lesson.
    Until we moved out a few years ago, we had a crazy lady living next door that made something like 28 calls to 911. FWIW, she lived in Alaska for a few years and apparently had a difficult time with one or more of her ex-husbands.

And just to test my geography, Alaska is pretty much out there. It's hard to remember her exact remarks, but every time there was a complaint, I showed up to protest the unwarranted visits by the local PD.

Yes, they said. There's about two or three nut-cases in every neighborhood. When one moves out, another moves it.

So, we moved out and left the location for the benefit of the new owner.
    - bamboomaster

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Until we moved out a few years ago, we had a crazy lady living next door that made something like 28 calls to 911. FWIW, she lived in Alaska for a few years and apparently had a difficult time with one or more of her ex-husbands.

And just to test my geography, Alaska is pretty much out there. It's hard to remember her exact remarks, but every time there was a complaint, I showed up to protest the unwarranted visits by the local PD.

Yes, they said. There's about two or three nut-cases in every neighborhood. When one moves out, another moves it.

So, we moved out and left the location for the benefit of the new owner.
    Crazy how that works.......we had a neighbor with issues. She was a nut case and has since moved out. Its quiet again......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast