Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Wisdom from little ones

Last night on ABC27 news, they interviewed some students at Silver Spring Elem about the election. They asked a little girl if she thought Obama will be a good President. She answered, "No, because he will raise taxes, and pull the soldiers out of Iraq too soon". Another girl replied, "No, he'll raise taxes". They asked another girl who her parents voted for and why, she replied "Barack Obama, because he's African American". From the mouths of babes. Their were other questions about the White House, and pets the President should have, but I was surprised at the responses to the 1st 3 questions.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Wisdom from little ones

Ther just may be hope for the next generation.

(Berks County)

Wow. Little kids are smarter and have more common sense than the majority of voting American citizens. That's a shame.

(Philadelphia County)

So when Nickelodeon has kids vote, and they pick Obama by a landslide, the next generation is doomed, kids are morons, probably regurgitating what their parents beat into their heads...

but when kids of the same age talk crap about Obama, suddenly their opinion matters and they are smart?

This board cracks me up.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    So when Nickelodeon has kids vote, and they pick Obama by a landslide, the next generation is doomed, kids are morons, probably regurgitating what their parents beat into their heads...

but when kids of the same age talk crap about Obama, suddenly their opinion matters and they are smart?

This board cracks me up.
    You should know by now that it all depends upon whose ox gets gored.

(Philadelphia County)

Unfortunately those kids were only repeating what they heard at home, which was the same misplaced concern of "Joe the Plumber" worried about losing theoretical money that he/they don't have. I wonder if those kids's parents make more than $250K per year or if mommy/daddy utilized the online tax increase assesment tool offered & advertised by a non-partisan org. that computes your tax increase under McCain & Obama's plans separately, most people who took the time to do so found that McCain's plan actually cost them more $$$, one of the many reasons he lost. Don't sound too wise to me.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tarantula View Post
    Unfortunately those kids were only repeating what they heard at home, which was the same misplaced concern of "Joe the Plumber" worried about losing theoretical money that he/they don't have. I wonder if those kids's parents make more than $250K per year or if mommy/daddy utilized the online tax increase assesment tool offered & advertised by a non-partisan org. that computes your tax increase under McCain & Obama's plans separately, most people who took the time to do so found that McCain's plan actually cost them more $$$, one of the many reasons he lost. Don't sound too wise to me.
    Wow, Obama supporter much? *takes a deep breath* You do realize that raising the taxes on any person or business making over $250,000 annually hurts everyone, right? Think about it. How many businesses do you shop with on a regular basis that bring in less than 250K annually? Most likely, zero. Now, a business gets its taxes raised by Obama. Let's say, for example, your local grocery store. They, in turn, have to raise their prices to stay in business. You, in turn, have to pay more for your goods. You end up losing money. It's the same as having your taxes raised. And, your employer likely can't afford to give you enough of a pay increase to offset the increased cost of goods, because they too are struggling to keep their ship afloat due to the increased taxes they're paying under Obama's master plan.

Oh, and in regard to the part of your post I bolded, it would actually be doesn't sound too wise to me. Believe it or not, grammar goes a long way towards your credibility, online or in real life.

/rant
    Last edited by BerksCountyDave; November 6th, 2008 at 05:23 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Economic stability has never been dictated by taxation this is a tremendous misconception, perpetuated by your grocery store analogy & people willing to buy into the belief that blue collar families/individuals,single parent families etc. should pay non-proportional tax amounts when compared to those that are in a higher tax bracket.BTW my local grocery store is a massive corporate entity that will fiind any reason to gouge its customer base , it doesn't need taxes as a reason to hike prices, & would only suffer if their execs salaries were capped, as for the grammar concern , your opinion although valid really is a matter of semantics (online anyway) some time its a good gauge of vocabulary/intelligence,age etc. or sometimes a sign of lazy typing , unresponsive keyboard ,someone who doesn't take the people their posting to very seriously, or some other unseen malady, don't read too much into it .

(Berks County)

So who did you vote for?

(Philadelphia County)

Well you already accused me of being an Obama supporter , so , I guess I can peg you as a McCain supporter? The candidate I voted for & you voted for is irrelevent, feeling the need to label & categorize people before giving their ideas/perspectives creedence is part of why I suspect you were on the losing team this election. Post-election devisiveness is even more confusing to me , I just don't see why anyone should take political advice from children,that's why they can't vote , they're stupid still & highly susceptible to the ignorance of adults. Why do you care who I voted for? What is that gonna prove to you that is not already obvious?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast