Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New gun

(Allegheny County)

Default New gun

I picked up the P229 Equinox 40 cal and now use it for daily carry. Have put around 300 rounds through it and it is great. Sights are really easy to pick-up and with my age this is great. Recoil is great also. Now I need to find a good holster. I picked up a cheap holster from Wallmart for $7.00 until I do get a good one. It actually works pretty well.
    What I really like is when it is my hand I can tell I'm holding something. I have a 1911 springfield compact and a KelteK P40. The Equinox is far better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New gun

Glad you like your new Sig. Lots of Sig fans out there, so you are in good comopany. I just don't like how much Sig charges for their mags.

(Bucks County)

jwg, a new gun will surely make for a happy new year. I took a quick look at the Sig website and it look like a nice piece. Sigs usually include good sights and I know what you mean about older eyeballs. Looks good too. Now we are all going to go out, find one and hold it on your recommendation, see what you started! Best of luck with the new Sig, thanks for the photo...Mike45

Wow I must be psychic, I was fondling Sigs yesterday before this post existed, I've been thinking about getting a Sig 220R SAO...finaly found one in stock and had to check it out, and that sucker is NICE.

I really like the look of the Equinox and the SAS. And I'm glad you like the SIG in general, they do feel great, I'm almost embarresed to say that I never paid much attention to them as I do not care for DA/SA models. Now that Sig has come out with the SAO my outlook is changing.

I think I'm going to hold off and wait on more reports and see what other models come out, I'd really like to see the 220 SAO in both of the above mentioned models.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."