Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default mechtech ccu units

I've seen them all over the web. Has anyone used one? It converts your pistol frame into a carbine. I wouldn't think a pistol frame could handle the extra punch of a carbine.

Default Re: mechtech ccu units

I believe Jay Bell has a carbine kit, so he will probably reply to your thread. I know that someone makes one using the Glock frame and one using the 1911 frame.

Rhineland Arms makes a kit for mausers.

http://rhinelandarms.com/

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: mechtech ccu units

the MechTech CCU I had for the 1911 pistol worked flawlessly.

the CCU is a blowback operated carbine upper for pistols and functions in semiauto

the "extra punch" you mention does not exist, its still the same pistol cartridge the original firearm is made to shoot...add the buttstock against your shoulder and the original pistol frame takes even less stress than firing it in original configuration.

the round gains a little velocity from the longer barrel, but not so much, it doesn't turn the pistol into a high powered rifle.

I ended up selling it simply because I didn't use it enought to warrant keeping it.

if you get one, skip the "muzzle brake (it's crap, and not a brake) and skip the optional sight set, just use a cheap $30 BSA red dot.

its ugly, and funny looking, but it works.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply