Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Franklin Mills Walmart - What gives!?

Has anybody seen the ammo display case there lately?

I went to Walmart tonight for a belt and after spending entirely too long looking through and finding a belt (and a lone pair of pants marked at 3$!!), I strolled around the store and just took a peak into the display as I usually do to gauge the current ammo trend.

A few weeks back, they 2 sided display gave up half for binoculars and other optics. Now the entire rest of the case was loaded up with shotgun shells. Barely any rifle or pistol ammo. Worse than that, the little blue and red tags that indicate back ordered product and the like weren't even in place. Are they not planning on restocking or just not anticipating the ammo coming back in any large quantities anytime soon? Or is this a different problem?

The neighborhood admittedly isn't the best (although far from the worst), but items that are usually out at other Walmarts are locked in cases at this one. Is this maybe because it is a 24 hour Walmart?

-Zach

Default Re: Franklin Mills Walmart - What gives!?

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty darn anemic. The WM at Whitman Square (Grant Avenue and Roosevelt Blvd) doesn't carry ammo at all. I have this feeling that the one at Franklin Mills is probably going to go the same way, too. From what one of the sales associates there told me, the ammo they have now they actually transfered in from another store.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post

I went to Walmart tonight for a belt and after spending entirely too long looking through and finding a belt (and a lone pair of pants marked at 3$!!), I strolled around the store and just took a peak into the display as I usually do to gauge the current ammo trend.

A few weeks back, they 2 sided display gave up half for binoculars and other optics. Now the entire rest of the case was loaded up with shotgun shells. Barely any rifle or pistol ammo. Worse than that, the little blue and red tags that indicate back ordered product and the like weren't even in place. Are they not planning on restocking or just not anticipating the ammo coming back in any large quantities anytime soon? Or is this a different problem?

The neighborhood admittedly isn't the best (although far from the worst), but items that are usually out at other Walmarts are locked in cases at this one. Is this maybe because it is a 24 hour Walmart?

-Zach
    No its because that WalMart sucks...at least for the city dwellers. Did you try Dicks next door?...Id even say goto the one in Neshaminy....
    The neighborhood admittedly isn't the best
    Now you should rephrase that and say:

"The people shopping at that WM and Franklin Mills admittedly arent the best..."..I havent been in FM in over 6 years.....but I do goto Dicks once in a while if they have a sale etc....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    No its because that WalMart sucks...at least for the city dwellers.
    What for trying to protect the inventory that seems to walk out on it`s own. Maybe Wally World is OK and people suck.

The last time I bought ammo at a Walmart (in Virginia), I was told by the store manager that Walmart would no longer be carrying handgun ammunition after current supplies and order commitments ran out.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    What for trying to protect the inventory that seems to walk out on it`s own. Maybe Wally World is OK and people suck.
    I invite you to come down and vist the WM's here in Philly....I am certain you would change your tune. Last time I was in a WM was back in oh id say 2002 upstate near Honesdale...it was a shoppers paradise compared to the ones here and that was 7 years ago.
    Last edited by Kodiak; June 5th, 2009 at 08:05 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    The last time I bought ammo at a Walmart (in Virginia), I was told by the store manager that Walmart would no longer be carrying handgun ammunition after current supplies and order commitments ran out.
    See that is somewhat odd dont you think? The majority of people who shop at WM's most likely own a firearm or two.....so why would they stop selling ammo? I know why they dont sell it here in Killadelphia....but elsewhere? Pressure?

(Monroe County)

I invite you to come down and vist the WM's here in Philly....I am certain you would change your tune. Last time I was in a WM was back in oh id say 2002 upstate near Honesdale...it was a shoppers paradise compared to the ones here and that was 7 years ago.
    Been there and delivered to most of them. Even in the evenings.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Been there and delivered to most of them. Even in the evenings.
    So you know what im talking about

(Bucks County)

I live closer to the Neshaminy one. They usually don't have anything. The Walmart in Bristol has actually been surprisingly good...although I haven't stopped there in some time now...So I'm sure that has changed.

As for Dicks, they just cost too much. A sale puts them back at Walmarts everyday price...particularly if you aren't buying a case at a time.

-Zach

No its because that WalMart sucks...at least for the city dwellers. Did you try Dicks next door?...Id even say goto the one in Neshaminy....

Now you should rephrase that and say:

"The people shopping at that WM and Franklin Mills admittedly arent the best..."..I havent been in FM in over 6 years.....but I do goto Dicks once in a while if they have a sale etc....