Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Eotech and Magnifier ?

I've been wanting to get a magnifier for my eotech but it just doesnt seem logical for me to spend that kinda cash. Ive seen on gunbroker and various site they have knock offs now. Has anybody had any experience with these units and how are they? Thanks, Jason

Default Re: Eotech and Magnifier ?

I will not tell you if knock off magnifiers are good or bad. I can tell you that optics that are priced in different sections are very different.
    They are just like sunglasses. Cheap ones are ok(as long as they are uv compliant) but if you get used to a good pair you will hate using cheap shades. Just like ZZ TOP said, gettin out of bed & hung over cheap sunglasses work.
    On the hunt, @ the range or sight casting to fish, you want good glass. I received an inexpensive spotting scope as a gift. It is ok. It is also sucks when you need it most. I would save my money for something that I knew was good. It all depends on how much use you plan, cash , & need. I do not need a good spotting scope so I have not replaced the one I have.
    Last edited by Bravo Whiskey; December 3rd, 2009 at 12:37 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Eotech and Magnifier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    I will not tell you if knock off magnifiers are good or bad. I can tell you that optics that are priced in different sections are very different.
    They are just like sunglasses. Cheap ones are ok(as long as they are uv compliant) but if you get used to a good pair you will hate using cheap shades. Just like ZZ TOP said, gettin out of bed & hung over cheap sunglasses work.
    On the hunt, @ the range or sight casting to fish, you want good glass. I received an inexpensive spotting scope as a gift. It is ok. It is also sucks when you need it most. I would save my money for something that I knew was good. It all depends on how much use you plan, cash , & need. I do not need a good spotting scope so I have not replaced the one I have.
    Yea thats pretty much the same boat im in, Nothin fancy. Something cheap