Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Bass Pro Ammo Shipping restrictions

I just had an eye opening experience when I called Bass Pro Shops to inquire about a case of shotgun shells I ordered with a gift card that I had received as a Bday gift. I only received part of my order which were shoes, so I was wondering where my shells where, when I called and spoke to the customer service lady she informed me that I should have read the ammo disclaimer. BassPro Shops no longer ships ammo to the city of Philadelphia (Pa). I never pay any attention to those disclaimers as I order ammo all the time and have never had a problem. I then got the number for BassPro Corporate and gave them a call, they to informed me that Philadelphia is on the list with other cites like Washington D.C. where they no longer ship ammo. I then asked will Cabela's be adopting the same policy as the person I spoke referred me to the Cabela's website and their ammo disclaimer. I order ammo all the time and I'm pretty sure I've ordered from BassPro in the past. I'm actually hoping to hear back from their higher ups as I asked to be contacted to discuss who the brain child is behind that decision and why.

They just remove the ammo from your order under the term "Not Available", guess I'll be sticking with Sportman's Guide
    Certified Level II Sporting Clays Instructor

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bass Pro Ammo Shipping restrictions

(Allegheny County)

Yep. Fuck them. I haven't given them a dime since.

I fully expect the same to happen with Cabela's too since Bass Pro bought Cabela's.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yep. Fuck them. I haven't given them a dime since.

I fully expect the same to happen with Cabela's too since Bass Pro bought Cabela's.
    Yeah I need to get rid of my Cabela's Visa now that BPS owns them. Trying to figure out how to do that without losing too much of a credit line. Never liked the quality of BPS hunting clothing. It's a shame the family sold out. I always had good luck with their stuff.
    Last edited by God's Country; October 30th, 2017 at 11:11 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Yeah I need to get rid of my Cabela's Visa now that BPS owns them. Trying to figure out how to do that without losing too much of a credit line. Never liked the quality of BPS hunting clothing. It's a shame the family sold out. I always had good luck with their stuff.
    You no like a da Red Head?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Depending on the bank, just pay it off and don’t use it. After about 1 year of no activity they will “close” it. I’ve done it. No hit to credit score. In my case atleast.