Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Great new product - Rusty's Rag

So I just read about Rusty's Rag on another forum today. Sounds like it is a great new product.

They had a try it for free offer that seems they are still standing behind.

Below is is something I copied from the 1911 Gun Forum...
    If you email them, mention you saw it on PAFOA.

Hello Fellows,

It's me. Latham from Rusty's Rags! Yes, we did have a Free giveaway on the THR.org gun forum and it was great!

I am surprised I have not ran across this gun forum in the past. I have just registered as a new member and think I am really going to enjoy it here. Great people, posts, and reviews. What more could you ask for?

I would like to extend our FREE Rusty's Rag Gun Cloth giveaway for members of the 1911 Forum!

I am a strong believer in the "Try It Before You Buy It" concept. One that your rarley, if ever, see anymore.

All you have to do is shoot me an email at: Info@RustysRags.com with your name, mailing address, a little bit about yourself and refer to the PAFOA.org forum and I will send you one of our gun cloths for FREE. Yes, I will even pay for shipping.

We do not use customer numbers here at Rusty's Rags. We refer to our customers by their first names. You are a person when you deal with us and not a number. We get hundreds of new customers every month and also make new friends in the process. By having this Free offer, we not only hope you love our new product, but you too will become a new customer of ours and stick around for a long time!

All that I ask from you guys and gals is that you leave some feedback on this thread so everyone at Rusty's Rag will know how you liked our new gun cloth! We also ask that you tell some of your shooting buddies about our new product and even post to some other gun forums or other gun related websites if you liked it! This lets us know if we are headed in the right direction and if people really like our products. We think "Word of Mouth" advertising is the best advertising we can get. We all win when we do a giveaway like this!!

Now there are some people out there who just want something because it is Free and are not williing to leave any feedback. If you are one of those people, please don't bother emailing us. I have gotten emails from muchers who only want something because it is free and who do not post any feedback. Some of them would send me an email if I was sending out Free dog crap. I don't have the time or the resources to deal with this so please don't bother.) You know what I am saying.

A little bit about our Rusty's Rag:

The Rusty's Rag is a sheepskin gun cloth that is impregnated with our signature silicone gun oil that not only cleans your guns, but protects them as well. Each "Rag" comes with a 10" x 10" flannel cloth that is used for wiping off excess oil and wiping your gun down to a fine finish. Also included is a small dropper bottle of our gun oil that you can use to 'refresh' your Rusty's Rag. We also have 1 oz., 2 oz., and 4 oz. bottles of our gun oil on our website. It only takes a few drops to refresh your Rusty's Rag. A lot goes a long way!

Our gun wipe is made by hand and is a high quality product. We offer a 'Pistol' cloth which measures 2" x 5" and also a Rifle/Shotgun Cloth that measures 5" x 5". We will be sending out the "Pistol" gun cloth. After all, this is the 1911 gun forum!!

Most of us are accustomed to using the 'old fashioned' flannel silicone cloth for wiping down our guns. The Rusty's Rag is different because it is the ONLY gun cloth on the market that can get in the many small "Nooks & Crannies" of your guns thus protecting the entire exterior instead of just a few parts. (Look at it like flossing your teeth. Most dentists say it is more important to floss than brush which we believe also holds true to your guns!)

The Rusty's Rag also lasts a lot longer than the old flannel silicone cloth because of its quality. (Actually it will last hundreds of times longer saving you hundreds of dollars over the long haul!)

Please also check out our website at: www.RustysRags.com . You can enter our "Weekly Giveaway" contest in which we do a random drawing each week and the winner receives a Rusty's Rags T-Shirt! We post the winner every Monday morning.

The Rusty's Rag was not designed to be a 'total gun cleaning system.' It is more of a 'gun wipe on steriods' than anything else. We strongly recommend that you continue to throughly clean your guns with one of the many 'gun cleaning kits' that are on the market. Use our product on your gun after cleaning and/or handling. It easily wipes off fingerprints and other harmful elements that leads to the dreaded 'rust' that will pop up all over your gun. Our product does not contain any 'grease' which is primarly used for long term storage. The Rusty's Rag is for people who handle their guns reguarly or on a daily basis. (It can be used for short or long term storage!)

So get those email coming and I will start sending them out. We can't wait to hear your thoughts about our new product and hope you stick around and become a customer for life!

I hope to meet a lot of new people during this process and plan on becoming a regular member of the 1911 fourm.

All the Best,

Latham
    Last edited by sig-9; December 29th, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Default Re: Great new product - Rusty's Rag

has anyone here used this yet?
    It is getting great feedback over at the 1911 forum.

(Chester County)

I've never heard of it. I just may have to order the free sample when I get home and see what it's all about.

edit- just sent the email for the freebie. I'll be sure to post a review after I try it.
    Last edited by smithwessn; December 30th, 2010 at 08:58 PM.

The reviews over at the 1911 forum are all very positive & those guys are fussy with their 1911’s.

Here is the link to that thread.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=289892

#108 Today, 03:50 PM
    smith1911
    Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2006

So I sent the email & received my Rusty’s Rag yesterday in the mail. Opened it this morning & I was impressed with what I saw. Yes I have seen other similar products over the years, but not like this.

One of the best quality Sheepskin cloths I have seen along with a small extra bottle silicone to treat the Sheepskin when & if it needs it. Even came with a finishing cloth just in case you have to wipe any excess oils when you are done. All in a very easy to store & tote with your guns.

So I got out one of my Les Baer’s & in 30 seconds – what a nice even finish & protective coating. Then I got out my over/under shotgun & could really see a difference in just a few seconds. Very nice even coating.

I have to say, I like Rusty’s Rag & think it is a great product for a very reasonable price.

(York County)

Well...just sent my email. Guess Ill have to wait and see for myself.

(Chester County)

I received a reply to my email the very next day thanking me for my interest and informing me that my free sample kit was on the way. It showed up in the mailbox on Friday. Saturday, after a day of hunting out in the steady snowfall, I figured it would be a good time to give Rusty's Rag a try. I must say it worked pretty damn well. I started with the sheepskin cloth, and finished with the included flannel polishing cloth. The end result was pretty impressive. I would recommend giving it a try. I easily see myself buying one of the 5" x 5" rags in the future.

Thank you Latham!

(Bucks County)

i sent him a e-mail and 2 days later received the package in the mail. once i try it i will post a good review for sure.

I got one of the larger longgun Rusty Rag kits to use on my sporting shotgun. If you think the handgun rag is nice, just wait untill you see the quality of the longgun rag. If you have any shotguns or logguns, you need this.

(York County)

Well I finally got around to using this product and I am rather impressed. I emailed the company and received the Rusty's Rag for pistols two days later. At first I opened it and wanted to see the details of what exactly this thing was, and after investigating it for a while i decided to read the instructions....If I was someone inexperienced in cleaning firearms I would rate the instructions a D+. They could be much more detailed.

The product itself was decent. I found it worked better on some firearm finishes than others. For example, it put one hell of a shine on my Glock 27 which I carry everyday but on my Remington 870 all it did was look spotty. I also tried it on an AK that I duracoated and it worked nicely. I could see the user having to go through a lot of the oil in order to do a larger collection and that could get rather pricey. Just a thought.

Overall I liked it for my handguns, primarily my Glocks and Sigs. That's all I would use it for. For rifles/shotguns I would rather use a spray. Thanks for the sample though!

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer