Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Ivory Coast - Disarmed people defenseless

I've been listening to the BBC about the situation in the Ivory Coast. It seems the President who was defeated in the last election does not want to give up power and is sending his thugs out to terrorize the people. The BBC reporter was talking to an affected citizen who said: "They (Govt thugs) are coming here with guns and we are defenseless, we are not able to protect ourselves, it is very bad here and the only thing we can do is run away". Isn't an un-armed populace just wonderful!
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Allegheny County)

Arrow Re: Ivory Coast - Disarmed people defenseless

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Isn't an un-armed populace just wonderful!
    Welllll... whaddya expect from such places - I'm sure our own Kenyan-in-Chief has JUST such a plan, when we run him off in a couple of years...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ivory Coast - Disarmed people defenseless

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Welllll... whaddya expect from such places - I'm sure our own Kenyan-in-Chief has JUST such a plan, when we run him off in a couple of years...
    Honestly, I've tried to rep you a couple times in the last 15 minutes. It won't let me! I'll have to owe you!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I've been listening to the BBC about the situation in the Ivory Coast. It seems the President who was defeated in the last election does not want to give up power and is sending his thugs out to terrorize the people. The BBC reporter was talking to an affected citizen who said: "They (Govt thugs) are coming here with guns and we are defenseless, we are not able to protect ourselves, it is very bad here and the only thing we can do is run away". Isn't an un-armed populace just wonderful!
    If Obama has his way here, Nike and Adidas stock will go waaaaaay up soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Bucks County)

the one thing common in all communist regimes and dictatorships is the population is unarmed since it's much easier to control people when they have no means of self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    the one thing common in all communist regimes and dictatorships is the population is unarmed since it's much easier to control people when they have no means of self defense.
    Amen to that! I can't help but believe that the reality that we are an "armed" citizenry, that that fact sits in the backs of the minds of our politicians. Our founders knew instinctly that an armed population has a better chance of retaining liberty than an unarmed one. Hats off to the founders and their wisdom.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Macchiavelli Chapter XX paragraph 2:

"...But when a prince acquires a new state, which he adds as a province to his old one, then it is necessary to disarm the men of that state, except those who have been his adherents in acquiring it; and these again, with time and opportunity, should be rendered soft and effeminate; and matters should be managed in such a way that all the armed men in the state shall be your own soldiers who in your old state were living near you."

Some people just never learn. Only time my Colt is not behind my right hip is when I'm in the shower or sleeping. And then it's in the quick access Gunvault next to my bed.
    Last edited by RGL01; December 26th, 2010 at 01:00 PM.